Presenting my Anovos Star Wars: ANH Stormtrooper...and a special thanks to the RPF

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Back when Anovos announced their initial offering of the ANH Stormtrooper kit, I jumped at it. It’s been a life-long dream for me to be a Stormtrooper, and their initial pricing was too good to pass up. I was admitedly fearful of taking on such a project. I had done lots of small hand props...blasters, lightsabers, tricorders, phasers, etc. but nothing so large or complicated as a full armor kit. But thanks to some very knowledgable and helpful folks out there, I was successfully able to complete my kit! It took me almost two years from the time I opened the box to the time I could call the armor done, but I took my time, did my research, and walked away on those few occassions where I was ready to throw something across the room. To wrap things up, I also submitted an application to my local 501st garrison and was accepted back in February! The sense of accomplishment I felt having completed something that started off so intimidating was quite invigorating. My armor may not be up to Centurion standards (...yet), but it puts a smile on my face whenever I suit up or see my helmet resting casually on my display shelf.

And that made me look back at my time here on the RPF. I joined almost twenty years ago after having gotten fed up with the cheap and inaccurate toy replicas that were being sold. Little did I know there was a huge community out there of folks who shared my love and obsession with collecting and building their own replica props and costumes. And while my tastes have shifted, I love that this hobby gives me an outlet to create, learn new things, and contribute to my community. I’ve amassed a small but meaningful collection, but they are pieces that hold a unique meaning to me. This hobby is where I spend most of my free-time (and money), and it continues to bring me great joy and happiness.

I would probably still be figuring out how to modify a Galoob Men in Black Neuralyzer if I hadn’t found this place.

Given the size and scope of this forum, I can appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes, so many thanks to Art and the rest of the RPF staff for everything they do, and thanks for having this little place on the internet that many of us consider our second home.

Sean (TK-23123)

And here are my 501st submission photos!
C32D5F19-F780-473B-AD67-BE279CAC834C.jpeg0C7C8619-B233-41B4-929A-6DFE664C0FDC.jpegE29FD349-1732-45CB-A73F-0666F80B83E2.jpeg62209831-F8C8-405C-B6CC-71C5F8468E55.jpeg

Attachments

• 3DCBF942-04FB-4A41-B326-792488F81049.jpeg
    3DCBF942-04FB-4A41-B326-792488F81049.jpeg
    977.9 KB · Views: 209
Re: Presenting my Anovos Star Wars: ANH Stormtrooper...and a special thanks to the RP

Congrats, it looks great!

Re: Presenting my Anovos Star Wars: ANH Stormtrooper...and a special thanks to the RP

Cool! Any special mods you added for better fit or comfort?

Cool! Any special mods you added for better fit or comfort?

I’m pretty tall but have a lean build, so I trimmed most of the pieces to fit me better.

As for comfort, there are a few areas where I definitely get “armor bite.” For me, they are mostly return edges, particularly those on the shoulder strap connections on the chest and back plates, the kidney plate, and the back of the thighs.

As part of my EIB mods, I plan on trimming these areas down to minimize the bite.

Another mod I can’t recommend highly enough is helmet fans. There are some great kits out there that can run for 6+ hrs on one of those USB cell phone battery packs, and having a constant air flow inside the helmet is crucial in keeping cool and letting me stick it out for those longer troops.

Sean

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back