Halloween 2018 Masks and costumes by Trick or Treat Studios

benhs1898

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
AC1B1738-E20B-4A77-8BD0-4D2A6AEDFBB7.jpeg
Making with the poster release, we have learned that trick or treat studios has the license for the new movie. They have enlisted the guys who sculpted the mask for the movie and will be pulling them from the movie molds. Cost will be their standard 59.99.
they will be available for preorder here next week.
https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/licensed-designs/halloween-2018.html

I’ve only ever bought the trick r treat lollipop from them. Very happy with it. Been looking to pick up a Myers mask but it hard to find one that doesn’t look wonky in some way.
9DC1B7BB-3684-482E-BB75-84004DABDBD2.png

Their replica props like the Gremlins Gizmo are horrible, but their masks as very nice. Their Myers masks are well done and inexspensive compared to the custom market.

07BA9220-13F0-437E-B29C-3A1626292533.jpeg

Hopefully they take their time and get the quality right. Coming from a movie mold master doesn’t mean anything if the molds are washed out and pulls distorted.

Their owner claimed it comes from the “exact same mold” as the movie one which is just a blatant lie. They would have pulled a master, and made production molds. That means shrinkage.. Let’s say that they DIDN’T.. if they expect to pull hundreds of pulls out of one mold? Yeah.. not happening.
I like ToT’s and I want to see them nail this... but it is hard to support them when the owner is at the very least, if not blatantly lying about products, being intentionally deceiving. He has also claimed that their Nameless Ghoul masks are cast off of the “original molds” when they were in fact a replica sculpted by Jason King... just another example of the types of claims he makes.

Last edited:
I know someone who knows the company very well, and she says that they are jerks. That said, I still love the products I’ve gotten from them. I have nine of their masks and they have all been good.

on the note of their Myers mask, with a little work, it can be great for the price. Here is mine with added weathering and new hair.9F814775-31E0-4D7E-9894-29B44CB840B0.jpegA0608058-404A-4AF4-856B-46730C970515.jpeg

btw, pulling a master from the original mold is still technically from the original mold.

here is what they posted specifically. C9E03F78-A9A6-499F-B47B-E504DF62B15F.png

btw, pulling a master from the original mold is still technically from the original mold.

here is what they posted specifically.

19DB0549-31CE-4913-9294-5D3753E599CB.jpeg

Chris Zephro was asked if the masks would be from the “exact same” mold, or from a cast of the mold. His response is what I’m referring to.
As for your statement, no, you are incorrect. There is a difference. The master is a first generation copy from the original mold. The production pieces that are cast from that master will be second generation copies. We don’t know what the quality will be. We don’t know how much shrinkage there will be. How much detail loss. The only piece from the “original” mold is the master. To be perfectly honest I would contend that we need to see proof of that.. we shouldn’t just believe their word. They’ve lied before as I mentioned above with the Nameless Ghoul masks.

Am I splitting hairs here? Absolutely. The only reason I take issue with this is as I said above, Chris Zephro has stated the pulls come from the “Exact same mold” which is false and deceiving. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a business man to conduct himself honestly. Simple as that...I hope that makes sense?

“Producing the masks now from toolings that come OUT of the screen used mold” would be the proper way to describe it. I take no issue with the Instagram post.

Last edited:
View attachment 812105

Chris Zephro was asked if the masks would be from the “exact same” mold, or from a cast of the mold. His response is what I’m referring to.
As for your statement, no, you are incorrect. There is a difference. The master is a first generation copy from the original mold. The production pieces that are cast from that master will be second generation copies. We don’t know what the quality will be. We don’t know how much shrinkage there will be. How much detail loss. The only piece from the “original” mold is the master. To be perfectly honest I would contend that we need to see proof of that.. we shouldn’t just believe their word. They’ve lied before as I mentioned above with the Nameless Ghoul masks.

Am I splitting hairs here? Absolutely. The only reason I take issue with this is as I said above, Chris Zephro has stated the pulls come from the “Exact same mold” which is false and deceiving. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a business man to conduct himself honestly. Simple as that...I hope that makes sense?

“Producing the masks now from toolings that come OUT of the screen used mold” would be the proper way to describe it. I take no issue with the Instagram post.

This is Chris Zephro by the way.

Three of my Designers made the mask for Halloween 2018, Chris Nelson, Vince Van Dyke and Justin Mabry.

Here is how the process works.

1. Vince has the Master Mold in his shop. From the Master Mold, Vince made a Silicon Master. A Silicon Master will retain all the details and there will be zero shrinkage.
2. Vince sent us the Silicon Masters.
3. Justin took the Silicon Master and made another mold.
4. From that mold, Justin made Urethane Toolings so that there is zero shrinkage when the factory produces the production molds.
5. The Urethane Toolings and Screen Used Mask are now at our factory so that they can make production samples for approval.
6. Once approved, they send the Screen Used Mask back to Chris Nelson and away we go.

So as Obe Wan said, what I said was true, from a certain point of view as the mask will be identical in detail and size. It's also a quick answer as I get over 200 emails a day and easily 100 PMs a day from forums and I don't have time to write out the detail above, not to mention, most people wouldn't understand what I explained above anyway.

I already answered you about the Nameless Ghoul, but given that you are hell bent on making me look bad, I'll answer it again.

We had an original casting of the Nameless Ghoul, which was made by another one of our Designers, Jerry Constantine. However, the casting were too small, so Jason King had to resculpt the mask using the original castings as reference. When I said that the Ghoul was out of the same mold, that was in fact true because that was before we had to have Jason King resculpt it. I made that announcement on the change on our Facebook Page and if you go to the Ghoul Page on the website it clearly says the following:

Ghoul.jpeg

Again, I'm not sure what your intent is here, but I hope this clears up any issues you have with what I've said.

Ghoul.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did’nt you post under another name a few years ago and if this IS the real Chris Zephro, would you care to comment on what happened to the Gremlins Gizmo, and the lack of care or customer service you and your company did not offer to one of our members here?

Three of my Designers made the mask for Halloween 2018, Chris Nelson, Vince Van Dyke and Justin Mabry.

Here is how the process works.

1. Vince has the Master Mold in his shop. From the Master Mold, Vince made a Silicon Master. A Silicon Master will retain all the details and there will be zero shrinkage.
2. Vince sent us the Silicon Masters.
3. Justin took the Silicon Master and made another mold.
4. From that mold, Justin made Urethane Toolings so that there is zero shrinkage when the factory produces the production molds.
5. The Urethane Toolings and Screen Used Mask are now at our factory so that they can make production samples for approval.
6. Once approved, they send the Screen Used Mask back to Chris Nelson and away we go.

So as Obe Wan said, what I said was true, from a certain point of view as the mask will be identical in detail and size. It's also a quick answer as I get over 200 emails a day and easily 100 PMs a day from forums and I don't have time to write out the detail above, not to mention, most people wouldn't understand what I explained above anyway.

I already answered you about the Nameless Ghoul, but given that you are hell bent on making me look bad, I'll answer it again.

We had an original casting of the Nameless Ghoul, which was made by another one of our Designers, Jerry Constantine. However, the casting were too small, so Jason King had to resculpt the mask using the original castings as reference. When I said that the Ghoul was out of the same mold, that was in fact true because that was before we had to have Jason King resculpt it. I made that announcement on the change on our Facebook Page and if you go to the Ghoul Page on the website it clearly says the following:

View attachment 812281

Again, I'm not sure what your intent is here, but I hope this clears up any issues you have with what I've said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did’nt you post under another name a few years ago and if this IS the real Chris Zephro, would you care to comment on what happened to the Gremlins Gizmo, and the lack of care or customer service you and your company did not offer to one of our members here?

It's Chris, I just couldn't find my old log in information. But I can come back in with the old one.

Thank you.

As far as the Gizmo Puppet, I don't remember the one customers issue. I can say that the hair placement was a little off on some of the first run of the puppets, which we corrected and we replaced them for those that had an issue with them.

Currently we've sold thousands of the them and everyone seems to be happy with them, but I'm not crazy enough to think we can satisfy everyone.

Hey Chris, how are you doing? This is Jack Rupert, but I'm sure you know that already. ;)

If what you say is accurate, a silicone master, and then an additional mold for a urethane tooling piece that the production molds are made off of.. that makes it a third generation casting. Even further from the "exact same" mold as you claim. All I ask is you are more clear in the future, as I've said, your comments can and do tend to lean towards flat out deceiving. I have no intention to make you "look bad." If you feel sharing comments you've made does that, perhaps that an issue for you to sort out. My intent is to just share my experience with you and claims you make. People can decide on their own what to make of it.

Either way, I am excited to see the results. As I said, I hope you take your time and get the quality right, and wish you success in doing so. I will surely be purchasing one from a second party and refinishing it...

Hey Chris, how are you doing? This is Jack Rupert, but I'm sure you know that already. ;)

If what you say is accurate, a silicone master, and then an additional mold for a urethane tooling piece that the production molds are made off of.. that makes it a third generation casting. Even further from the "exact same" mold as you claim. All I ask is you are more clear in the future, as I've said, your comments can and do tend to lean towards flat out deceiving. I have no intention to make you "look bad." If you feel sharing comments you've made does that, perhaps that an issue for you to sort out. My intent is to just share my experience with you and claims you make. People can decide on their own what to make of it.

Either way, I am excited to see the results. As I said, I hope you take your time and get the quality right, and wish you success in doing so. I will surely be purchasing one from a second party and refinishing it...

Hey Jack! Hope things are well.

What I can tell you is that the Silicon Master is right out of the screen used mold, and every mask from the movie was made from the Silicon Master, hence you're not going to get any closer in accuracy, not to mention, my team sculpted the mask.

Justin said he'd contact you and explain it to you as I forwarded your comments to him.

Hey Jack! Hope things are well.

What I can tell you is that the Silicon Master is right out of the screen used mold, and every mask from the movie was made from the Silicon Master, hence you're not going to get any closer in accuracy, not to mention, my team sculpted the mask.

Justin said he'd contact you and explain it to you as I forwarded your comments to him.

Glad to see you were able to sort out your account. No complaints, having fun on some projects, thanks!
Great. Always a pleasure speaking with Justin.

Perhaps while you’re here, you can answer Apollo’s questions as well? I know you’re very busy, so I’m sure it’s appreciated if you can spare some of that time to answer his questions as well. :thumbsup

Thank you.

As far as the Gizmo Puppet, I don't remember the one customers issue. I can say that the hair placement was a little off on some of the first run of the puppets, which we corrected and we replaced them for those that had an issue with them.

Currently we've sold thousands of the them and everyone seems to be happy with them, but I'm not crazy enough to think we can satisfy everyone.
I still stand behind my statement that your masks are affordable and good quality. I am very happy with all my mask purchases. :thumbsup

Yeah, at the end of the day, there is only so much hair splitting that should be done over $60 masks. The most accurate, lowest price, mass-produced masks that you can get.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back