Captain Sidon Ithano Rifle

MrKite6

Hey guys! I've started learning Fusion 360 in order to make some models to sell and I feel I've gotten the hang of it enough to move on to my first replica prop, Captain Sidon Ithano's rifle. I've gathered some reference images and plan to use the Visual Dictionary one as the canvas I'll be modeling off of (as it's the only one that's a side-on view). I've noticed some things in the Visual Dictionary pic don't seem to match with my other references, so I'll just have to figure out those additions I suppose. I used Punished Props gun reference image to get an idea of the scale.

View attachment WK0ljsz.jpg a7b0f578612b102d482da2bd6755c82f5316900d_hq.jpgFunko_Pop!_Star_Wars_Sidon_Ithano.jpg

I'll try to remember to post updates as I go. If there are any other reference images out there, I'd greatly appreciate the help! Wish me luck!

Gonna call it a day and work on it some more tomorrow. Here's what I have so far.

IthanoRiflev3.jpg

I noticed right before posting this that the tip of the barrel might be more curved than angled? I can't tell for sure. I'm also not entirely sure how to make the seam between the tip and the rest of the barrel in Fusion 360. Let me know what you guys think so far!

A couple things I've noticed.

Screenshot (18).jpg

Red: I originally thought there were two notches in the tip; one on top and one on the bottom. But I'm looking at the picture again and I'm not entirely sure if the bottom has 1 notch, or two. It could just be the light bouncing off the front of the tip making it look like a notch, but then the left notch looks too small and/or off center to be the same as the top notch.

Blue: Does anyone else see these lines going down this part of the barrel? I can't tell if they're seams or something else.

Screenshot (18).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I've realized I jumped the gun a bit. I don't have a 3D printer myself, and I don't have any friends with printers, so I'd be unable to test out the print. As I realize not many people want an untested design, I'm considering putting a pause on this project unless there's enough interest.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back