New 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' TIE Fighter: TIE/rb

korben44

Master Member
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...out-new-tie-fighter-in-solo-a-star-wars-story

92DDE216-45E9-4E9F-99E3-7CE85871E8D4.jpeg

It is an interesting variant- love to see a kit of it myself!

I guess the Empire considered an armored, up-gunned TIE to be cost prohibitive so they stopped using them by the time Luke started flying around the Death Star

I wonder if there will be more going on weapons-wise than just the gun upgrade? Cool that it's more heavily armored, but otherwise you've simply traded a couple of already pretty effective cannons for a couple more effective cannons. I'm presuming this is going to be a situation-specific fighter (to combat heavy shielding, etc)? The guns don't seem to move independently or anything.

I wonder if the "normal" half and cockpit has the skeleton of a regular TIE, with the new armor simply tacked on (an article I remember years ago about "reactive armor" for Israeli tanks comes to mind).

I know, we'll find out; just thinking out loud. Always cool to get new ships and ponder the reasoning and logistics as to "why"!

Looking at the main window it looks like they added thick armor around the standard cockpit ball. The 'Gunner' ball seems just big enough to hold someone and the front slit looks like the same sort of design used with the First Order Special Forces TIE aft gunner. I really do not understand the need for a gunner though since the two big guns seem to be fixed so they would have to be aimed by steering the entire spacecraft like the X-Wing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back