Bill and Ted good robot uses

Is there a correction coming from Moviefreak lol? (Inside joke mattymaddog)

i knew of a guy who started one years ago. He was using a lifecast to make Bills face, but i dont think it went anywhere

Is there a correction coming from Moviefreak lol? (Inside joke mattymaddog)

i knew of a guy who started one years ago. He was using a lifecast to make Bills face, but i dont think it went anywhere

Not sure a lifecast would help much with those lol These are the Good Robot Bill & Ted:

09124964ac38f5e92980e83e5f1a89a2.jpg

Here's 2 of my screen used (deleted scene) Evil robot Bill & Ted masks though:

Bill & Ted Masks 2.pngBill & Ted Masks.jpg

Wow those are great. Good job

he was usuing the lifecasts to do the faces. I assume he would have added the seams etc. i can understand his logic. but now looking at yours, i could see how a lifecast would be hard to work from.

I started working on a Robot Bill about a decade ago. ID'd a bunch of parts and talked to Michael Chambers who was the suit performer. Then the guy who was going to be my Robot Ted backed out and the project got shelved.
IMG_4650.jpgIMG_1251.jpg

Wow that's awesome, thanks to everyone who responded this is a great community.
How did you start it is sculpted or bashed together from formed plastic. I was thinking of using a lifecast and kind of bending and sculpting heated sheets of plastic around it. Any pointers or schematics would be unbelievably appreciated.

Thanks.

Near as I could tell the suits were exactly what they were supposed to be, hardware store crap bashed into shape. The only sculpting was on the heads and even that was minimal. I went the heat-formed styrene route as it's the material I best know how to work with and would be lighter than aluminum. I tried to get Michael Chambers to tell me about the materials but he was reluctant to discuss it so I screencapped every scene the bots were in and took my best guess at parts. I think I have a "parts list" somewhere on my computer I can try to dig up.

bandtbots_348.jpg

Yeah I have identified a few parts on the body but a parts list would be unbelievably helpful. That's why I live this forum everyone on here is so ready to help. That's hard to come by.

Thanks alot.

Looked around my files but I don't think I ever formally wrote out a parts list. Bill's feet are a Cuisinart (found a GE model that seemed close) and a vacuum cleaner foot (Hoover or Eureka). Legs are PVC, paint bucket, toaster (though faked out of foam), electrical conduit and gutter parts.
Bill's back is a paint tray and he's got electrical cover plates on his chest. Right arm from shoulder down is a work light shade, PVC elbow and desklamp shade, not sure about the forearm. Wrist is a gutter part and a spraypaint can. Left arm I'm not sure but the arm for the desk lamp goes from the shoulder to the forearm. inner forearm is a paint can lid, fingers are all various PVC and Electrical fittings. Cheeks are sprinker heads, hair is copper scouring pads.
Hope that helps somewhat.

MV5BMTcxNzI1MDE0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM4MzcyNA@@__V1__CR168,0,686,686_.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back