Requesting tips for first attempt at customizing a zentai suit

Kiwi

Hello All,

Very new to this, I have recently acquired a iron spider zentai suit however, I noticed a lack of detailing and wanting to add a few things to spruce it up. I have the idea of adding additional gold fabric to some parts of the suit. I'm wondering would hot glue be okay to keep it together.

If you must glue, fabric glue might be a better bet, it flexes and is thinner than hot glue. It's not as good as sewing, for look and durability, but it can be ok if you have no other option. If you have any spare scraps of fabric from the zentai, I would suggest testing it on that before gluing the costume. You may find the glue seems throigh and discolors the fabric. Any fabric/craft store should carry the glue. Big box stores like Walmart carry it too.

If you must glue, fabric glue might be a better bet, it flexes and is thinner than hot glue. It's not as good as sewing, for look and durability, but it can be ok if you have no other option. If you have any spare scraps of fabric from the zentai, I would suggest testing it on that before gluing the costume. You may find the glue seems throigh and discolors the fabric. Any fabric/craft store should carry the glue. Big box stores like Walmart carry it too.

Gonna have to echo a lot of this. Hot glue is not going to handle the stress of flexing and pulling at fabric seams that even something like Liquid Stitch will.

Hello All,

Very new to this, I have recently acquired a iron spider zentai suit however, I noticed a lack of detailing and wanting to add a few things to spruce it up. I have the idea of adding additional gold fabric to some parts of the suit. I'm wondering would hot glue be okay to keep it together.
If you want to make the webs stand out buy some puff paints it's amazing stuff I have bought some for mine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you want to make the webs stand out buy some puff paints it's amazing stuff I have bought some for mine

Thanks, I recently added soles to the suit and started putting puffy paint for details on some sections and I’ll admit it does make it look quite good.

Have you got the face shell if so look at different lenses that's what I have done as I have the black Spiderman suit

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back