Customising Nike Blazer

Kevzie

Hi all

I've purchased a pair of Nike blazer in white for a decent price
881978aaf19eeb0ed50a532436e1013b.jpg
-cdn.com/20180418/5617d8985dfedbe36cafe5587cb45e91.jpg[/IMG]20180418/3e6eb9bf5810fc28b3001a204e214acf.jpg[/IMG].jpg[/IMG]

And I'm looking to paint the swoosh and back tab with some red angelus paint - however here are a few different shades of red available - I'm thinking the best one is just the normal red?

Anyone know what the closet red is to the actual Nike bruins colour?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_3504.JPG
    IMG_3504.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 121
While I can’t help with the paints, I do have some color codes that should get you in the right ballpark:
HTML code:#980F1FRGB
RGB code:R: 152 G: 15 B: 31
HSV:352.99° 90.13% 59.61%

While I can’t help with the paints, I do have some color codes that should get you in the right ballpark:
HTML code:#980F1FRGB
RGB code:R: 152 G: 15 B: 31
HSV:352.99° 90.13% 59.61%

Thanks. I'm not sure how to use those references though when it comes to the paints [emoji848]

I did the same thing but with a Nike Court. Remember to take the old paint off down to the leather and have a nice base of white before you put on your red. I believe I used sealer as well and my shoes have held up for the past 5 years with daily use

I did the same thing but with a Nike Court. Remember to take the old paint off down to the leather and have a nice base of white before you put on your red. I believe I used sealer as well and my shoes have held up for the past 5 years with daily use

Hey

Yeah I was looking at the courts too but opted for the blazer as I liked the older style swoosh which, for me, was closer to the bruins.

Yeah these shoes have just an outline and are white anyway.

Which red did you use?

Thanks

From those available I'm thinking the scarlet red?..[emoji848]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180418/3577315302e5c6c6d2ae288b7a1d798d.jpg

Thoughts?

So I’m also inclined to go with scarlet red, but then I found that Angelus has made some paints that match up perfectly with some Nike sneaker colors. Since the Bruins are listed as white/varsity red, I tracked down their equivalent paint. I think it looks pretty spot on: https://angelusdirect.com/products/collector-edition-varsity

Hey

Yeah I was looking at the courts too but opted for the blazer as I liked the older style swoosh which, for me, was closer to the bruins.

Yeah these shoes have just an outline and are white anyway.

Which red did you use?

I used Scarlett red

So I’m also inclined to go with scarlet red, but then I found that Angelus has made some paints that match up perfectly with some Nike sneaker colors. Since the Bruins are listed as white/varsity red, I tracked down their equivalent paint. I think it looks pretty spot on: https://angelusdirect.com/products/collector-edition-varsity

Thanks. I'll see how I go with the scarlet red and may order the varsity in the future [emoji1303]

So I used the scarlet red and definitely a bit too dark. Also needs another coat or two.

Thinking I'll try the varsity when I can hold of some but I stuck now? Can I remove the colour I have now? [emoji848]

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back