Build Thread for my take on the ROTJ Luke Lightsaber (fully machined)

Made some good progress tonight. Actually may be coming to an end soon. Once all the parts are done I'll do a final clean up to remove tool marks and dings from test handling and make them available.

20180523_001540.jpg

I didn't realize how big that picture was, you can really zoom in on everything. I can see how much clean up is still left to do... :)

I was able to cut out the control boxes to mount the unpowered LEDs. I'll post some pics a bit later. Likely only two more videos left and both are probably going to be pretty short.

Last edited:
All washed up and drying. Prepping for paint. Went over each part with file, sandpaper and/or scotchbrite to clean up any minor scratches/dings. washed up with some water pressure and dawn dish soap. Next up painting and packaging.

Attachments

• 20180527_135849.jpg
    20180527_135849.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
Was working on another project, and my Lathe motor died. :(

On a happier note I got myself a new huge air compressor for really cheap and I'm now plumbing my shop with air outlets almost like power outlets on the walls.

I am currently out of Lightsabers and will need to start a new run. Should I do another run similar to the last one or should I work on a V2 run?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back