Build Thread for my take on the ROTJ Luke Lightsaber (fully machined)

Holy crap, First pass on the next stage and it's 54 minutes long. going to go through it again with a cutin' knife and maybe split it in two or even 3 videos. It might break up nicely to setup, milling and lathe work.

So far I think this may be the coolest video I've done yet. Lots of good close ups of the milling process on the Bridgeport:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about boring a hole through the all thread that holds the primary section together. This would be so, if someone wished they would be able to run wires through it for a blade and LEDs that could be powered by something in the handle.

I’m catching up tonight, been working real late and just going to bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know how that is, I seem to often be out in the shop until 1am and still have to get up at 530 to head into work. Somehow I am finding time to get my kid to Karate class, cut videos and eat.

Recut the first video to make it much more watchable and only about 10 minutes long.

Thanks for the complement. I hope I can get them a little shorter but still cover all the important parts. I re-cut part #2

Damn man you work fast!!

I've been in kind of a hurry as I'm going in for minor surgery on Tuesday and will be laid up for a week or two after. I do still have a lot of video that I need to put together so I'm hoping I'll be able to do that even while recovering.

- - - Updated - - -

We both are my friend. This is actually all new to me as well.

I was thinking of putting together a someone tongue-in-cheek home DIY step by step, that includes searching Craig's list to find and purchase a lathe and milling machine. Something I really only started back in January of this year.

I’m learning so much from these videos. Thanks so much for making them!

a treat especial, two videos for the price of one. OK they're pretty light videos though both are actually new content:

Ok, recovery is going really well, Ive been back to some light duty stuff in the shop and I was able to cut another video that is uploading now.

Ok, recovery is going really well, Ive been back to some light duty stuff in the shop and I was able to cut another video that is uploading now.

Been working on a jig to help cut the LED section of the side gribblie. It's been a pain in my but now for a while but I think I finally have a solution. More to come soon.

OK, this ended up being way more difficult than it looked. At least to get a consistent and repeatable set of triangles. I wont have a great build video on the jig that I made it ended up being so much trial and error that the video would have maxed out Youtubes 10hr limit and I would have still had to cut it way down. Instead I'll post a small video and review of how I made it.

May be a little while though I haven't shot any footage for it yet. These two pictures are all the media I've made in the last 3 days.

Attachments

• 20180520_185707.jpg
    20180520_185707.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 20180520_185747.jpg
    20180520_185747.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back