MAL gun reproduction with real gun inside, fires 38 Special. all steel made by hand

japeto

I made this for a true fan. it was as close as a copy as I could do with the amount of time I had. I saw the production of the original and knew the gun has been made around a taurus 85. it was the rigth size as the side plates could be used to cover the smaller than normal 5 shot vs 6 shot cylinder. all federal rules applied. the gun can be fired..

Attachments

• mal33.JPG
    mal33.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 500
Re: MAL gun reproduction with real gun inside, fires 38 Special. all steel made by ha

That is awesome! How did you make the body?

Re: MAL gun reproduction with real gun inside, fires 38 Special. all steel made by ha

The thing started out as a Tarus 85. I added steel to the frame to extend it. then more steel in plates on the sides, then more plates hollowed out on a milling machine,

Nice. Is the octagonal barrel functional or just for show?

The oct bbl was off a winchester rifle. I bored it out to accept the Taurus barrel I turned down to fit inside the Winchester BBl and silver soldered them together. The OCT bbl syill has 45 cal rifling but serves no other purpose but to look like the original and hold the front sight and some of the external cladding.

I like it. Obviously not as refined and pretty as the gun for the show and movies, but as a homemade version with a firing revolver inside that is some damn fine work. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Pretty costs about double. It was cold blued as the buyer did not want to pay for hot blue.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back