Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones?

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Anyone have a basic rundown on the differences between the X-wing nose cones on the filming models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall what the differences ARE, but I can touch on the WHY.

The nosecones on the heros were separate parts (covering a mounting point) that had been cast and then hand-cleaned. They all came out a little different due to the by-hand attention.

One hero, with nosecone in place, was cast in L-R halves (as opposed to the top-bottom construction of the heros) and that mold used for the pyros. For whatever reason the nosecone on that hero was atypical, so all the pyros ended up with a nose different than most heros.

I don't recall what the differences ARE, but I can touch on the WHY.

The nosecones on the heros were separate parts (covering a mounting point) that had been cast and then hand-cleaned. They all came out a little different due to the by-hand attention.

One hero, with nosecone in place, was cast in L-R halves (as opposed to the top-bottom construction of the heros) and that mold used for the pyros. For whatever reason the nosecone on that hero was atypical, so all the pyros ended up with a nose different than most heros.

All i remember is Bandai gave two options. one was longer than the other but remember which one went on which X wing.

Found this online, dont know how accurate it is but figured Id post it-

c4e7f2bfe598dda3fea401d24817098a.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back