Subscribe
    From
    Orlando
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 11:35 AM - Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #1

Anyone have a basic rundown on the differences between the X-wing nose cones on the filming models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    West Pittston, PA
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 12:05 PM - Re: Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #2

I would like to know as well... Bandai includes two in some of the T-65 kits.
    From
    Orlando
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 12:09 PM - Re: Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #3

korben44 said: View Post
    I would like to know as well... Bandai includes two in some of the T-65 kits.
    Yeah, thats the reason I asked too.

4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 2:41 PM - Re: Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #4

I don't recall what the differences ARE, but I can touch on the WHY.

The nosecones on the heros were separate parts (covering a mounting point) that had been cast and then hand-cleaned. They all came out a little different due to the by-hand attention.

One hero, with nosecone in place, was cast in L-R halves (as opposed to the top-bottom construction of the heros) and that mold used for the pyros. For whatever reason the nosecone on that hero was atypical, so all the pyros ended up with a nose different than most heros.
    From
    Orlando
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 3:02 PM - Re: Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #5

Treadwell said: View Post
    I don't recall what the differences ARE, but I can touch on the WHY.

The nosecones on the heros were separate parts (covering a mounting point) that had been cast and then hand-cleaned. They all came out a little different due to the by-hand attention.

One hero, with nosecone in place, was cast in L-R halves (as opposed to the top-bottom construction of the heros) and that mold used for the pyros. For whatever reason the nosecone on that hero was atypical, so all the pyros ended up with a nose different than most heros.
    All i remember is Bandai gave two options. one was longer than the other but remember which one went on which X wing.

4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 3:15 PM - Re: Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #6

There were hero and pyro versions of most of the X-wings, so it's user's choice.
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 3:37 PM - Re: Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #7

IIRC Red Five had a longer nose
    From
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 5:01 PM - Re: Quick question: differences between X wing nose cones? #8

I believe Red 2 had the shorter nose.