The Moisture Vaporator Project

Amazing, gorgeous, fantastic, incredible...I could go on and on, but I'm still salivating looking at those models:cool Thanks for the vid Dave!

Great job.
I think it would neat to just a build a life size one and stick on the side of a desert highway as an art project.
I wonder how many people would see it an know what it was?

A few pics of screen used vaporators I took in Tunisia in 2008, maybe could be of help

tunisia star wars 01.jpg tunisia star wars 09.jpg IMG_0330.JPG IMG_0333.JPG IMG_0344.JPG

There was no particular scale the model needed to be, I wanted it to be large enough to look impressive but not too big as to be unwieldy. Originally I thought about making it 1/6 scale, which would have gone great with Sideshow's 1/6 scale Luke figure. But at that scale the Vaporator would have been 38 inches tall!

Looks great!
Having many of the Sideshow 1/6 scale sandtroopers and the dewback, I have a huge interest in a 1/6 scale model of one of these, and I would image many others would be being in the same situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!
Having many of the Sideshow 1/6 scale sandtroopers and the dewback, I have a huge interest in a 1/6 scale model of one of these, and I would image many others would be being in the same situation.

Yah, I'm thinking about it. But double the size is at least 4 times the materials and mold costs, probably more since it would have to be broken into more pieces and have an easy way to make the main body hollow. Might wind up being a fairly expensive kit and I don't think a lot of people would want one at $500 to $600.

Yah, I'm thinking about it. But double the size is at least 4 times the materials and mold costs, probably more since it would have to be broken into more pieces and have an easy way to make the main body hollow. Might wind up being a fairly expensive kit and I don't think a lot of people would want one at $500 to $600.

That's the price range I would expect it to be for a piece that large. You can always do an interest post with a minimum for production.
If you decide to do either a 12th or 6th scale run, I would interested as well. Thanks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back