RIP R. Lee Ermey

Not exactly Mr. Versatility as an actor, but he was fun to watch, and if the role called for his type he was perfect. Relentless in FMJ and the perfect voice for the plastic soldier in Toy Story.

Rest easy.

R Lee Ermey 1 Goodbye maggots.jpg

Frikkin' pneumonia... I have seen that word so often in the last few years of celebrity deaths. You'd think we'd be better at dealing with it by now... :(

Yeah it took my mom some years ago.

I loved mail call. It may have been the start of my interest in firearms. I remember he used .45 rounds as ear plugs.

Ermey was also a major spokesman for Glock firearms. And made videos to raise awareness about voting for gun owners.

Most of it was comedic in nature and you can still find it all on youtube.

This is what allowed me to meet him. He would come in for Glock days at a store I worked. What surprised me most about him is he was actually a pretty big guy. I expected him to be smaller, but he was 6 foot tall easily. Great sense of humor and didn't take himself too seriously. Condolences to his family and friends.

R Lee Ermey etched an indelible mark on cinema that is now a part of its history. If that were all he was remembered for, he'd still be awesome. But as others have pointed out, acting was only one thing he did.

RIP, Gunny.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back