Information Gathering: SWS One-Piece Endoskull

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Anyone know anything about this kind of endoskull? I have a soft foam endoskull that was likely molded and cast from one of those casts - likely 2nd or 3rd gen - but would very much like to know more about it.

Found this picture recently showing a similar one with added flesh sculpt on top of the skull.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about this kind of endoskull? I have a soft foam endoskull that was likely molded and cast from one of those casts - likely 2nd or 3rd gen - but would very much like to know more about it.

[url]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/784/39719551570_7712a12ae1_o.jpg[/URL]

Found this picture recently showing a similar one with added flesh sculpt on top of the skull.
[url]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/811/41263342601_7a50c304f8_c.jpg[/URL]
Maybe it was used in background shots of the future war sequences like you see in both T2 and T3. A back ground terminator would essentially be a solid or static prop.

Is it 1:1? I have seen half scale version of the endo skull, very similar to the one in your images, where the jaw molded to be part of the skull.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Definitely full scale. I bought my foam filled skull on eBay some time ago. It was listed as a T2 3D skull, but I haven't found much info to corroborate that. I have a Sideshow t-700 endoskull and that is significantly smaller than my foam skull.

Endoskull - Sideshow - T-700 - 001.jpg

These are the auction pictures of the skull I bought. It was labeled as a T2 3D dud cast, though I kinda suspect it's a second or third generation cast and not directly out of the original SWS mold, as it has two seamlines across the skull - the second one not being very clean.

Endoskull - T2 3D - Dud Cast - 005.jpgEndoskull - T2 3D - Dud Cast - 003.jpgEndoskull - T2 3D - Dud Cast - 001.jpgEndoskull - T2 3D - Dud Cast - 006.jpgEndoskull - T2 3D - Dud Cast - 004.jpgEndoskull - T2 3D - Dud Cast - 002.jpg

And here's another one of it having been painted with Pewter Rub'N'Buff and Humbrol Ivory on the teeth by me. I sorta had to guess where the lower teeth were as there was barely any hint of them in the cast.
Endoskull - T2 3D - Dud Cast - 012.jpg

Just wondering: how do you achieve this kind of chrome finish? Is it because it's vac-metalized with clear coat and not triple chrome finished?
Endoskeleton - IconsofSciFi - EMPmuseum - 002.jpg

Unsure whether I should start a new thread about it, but thought I'd post here. Saw the T1 endoskull piece from the pyrothechnics endoskeleton from the end of the film in the PropStore auction and wondered if anyone here is going after that?
T1 - Endoskeleton - Pyrotechnics Skull - 001.jpg

Still haven't been able to find any additional info. Would still be interested in knowing what the skull was made for. Was it done up to give employees some practice casts to work on and play around with? Or did it have a more specific purpose? The skull I bought was said to be a T2 3D dud cast, but the double seam lines suggest it was molded and casts off perhaps a resin casting and definitely not from the original mold.

Had these pictures since 2010, but never made the connection until I looked at some specific details. The blob in the right side front upper jaw piston hole, the soft detailing in the eye sockets, as well as the missing rear cover behind the chip cover which is just filled with filler on my skull, as well as the location of the seamline slapped me right in the face as being similar as on my soft foam skull. I wonder if this skull, or one like it was the source for the cast my skull was molded from? The reason I think it may be a different skull out of the same mold that made this one is because the two nose bridge tabs are broken on the SWS flesh skull photo and on my soft foam skull and isn't broken on the below one, while the one shown below has the center ridge broken inside the nose hole, which I have listed as a T1 reject skull - photos are from eBay.

49352622478_fbe140b58c_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49353285522_a9878afc85_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49352622393_62fdf23a18_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49352622348_b6c821a294_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49353075561_411205e73a_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49353285452_6a3575bd28_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49352622238_ed1a0eb190_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49353285382_8e7fa32783_o.jpg
, on Flickr
49353075471_4f8717cbea_o.jpg
, on Flickr

Though, seeing as this one has the faint seam line as mine has... maybe the foam skull was made directly in the SWS mold? Seeing as the casts are made in two pieces - top skull and jaw, then joined together, filled with clay or whatever in the SWS mold picture, and my skull only has the faint line on the top skull part, while the rough one continues down across the jaw!? It only has the two mold lines... if it was copied again, the new mold line must have been placed exactly on the second on, as there isn't a sign of a third mold line. It could still be a cast of a cast and not direct from the SWS mold.

Seriously... the mystery thickens... and the fact that I can't seem to find any info about the SWS piece or the mold or my skull is really strange. Where are all the Terminator endoskeleton experts?

Yeah, Endobuilders Club is gone too. Though, there wasn't much activity these last several years anyway. But now it's completely gone. Kinda makes me sad.

Okay, started buying parts for the skull.

Bought the Dubro 4-40 Steel Threaded Rod Ends, but accientally bought the Dubro 4-40 Solder Kwik-Links instead of the 2-56 - I'll order those soon. Looking for the right diameter ball bearing ball size - the ones in the Sideshow T-700 bust aren't even balls, but just small ovals and the pincher parts look weird.

Anyone know what size Torq-Set screws were used on the side of the jaws for the T1 skull and which type screw and size was used for T2?

And I need help with figuring out the correct sized Mac Master-Carr jaw piston parts - Hinged Threaded Round Standoff male/female parts - as I don't really understand imperial measurements and haven't found a retailer here in DK or Europe. Another thread on the forum seems to indicate this size - 3/16" OD, 1/4" x 3... something is cut off, so it's hard to make out exactly what it says in the picture. There are two versions of the parts - a short female part version that goes into the bottom jaw and a long female part version that goes into the main skull. And for some reason the bottom hinged part seems uneven in size - did they machine the part not connecting to the skull smaller or are they available like that as well?

Also wondering whether the main body of the jaw pistons is a RC car or airplane part. Anyone know what it is?

T1 - Endoskeleton - 21.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back