Solo: A Star Wars Story - Mimban Stormtrooper Discussion

LorduDesign

Sr Member
f1e7694c42f7239bc9054d5ccc08a7bb.png9391ad1685b0af00513952e6ff9e590b.png

Looks like a Rogue One Trooper and pack with a cape and modified helmet.
Grey paint job ? (Fog Trooper)

I did the cape thing back in 2001 using a French tent flap.
Ralph McQuarrie 1.2.jpg

I was just taking a closer look and it appears that the helmet has an added plate on the top front with ?lights? on the sides.

The straps on the pack are non tinted jungle camo ALICE pack straps, not dyed black like in R1.

I don't know what it is about blast shields, but they look great on Star Wars helmets. I want to convert a BS stormtrooper helmet into one of these. Mostly because I want an excuse to have a blast with the paint job/weathering.

IMG_9053.pngIMG_9046.png

I was just taking a closer look and it appears that the helmet has an added plate on the top front with ?lights? on the sides.

The straps on the pack are non tinted jungle camo ALICE pack straps, not dyed black like in R1.

It looks like only one of them is non-dyed 'Woodland' camo. In images of the other side it appears to be dyed.

I am very interested if any of you have ideas about the 'ammo pouches' that the one has across his chest.

It looks like only one of them is non-dyed 'Woodland' camo. In images of the other side it appears to be dyed.

I am very interested if any of you have ideas about the 'ammo pouches' that the one has across his chest.

The ammo pouches look like the “throw away” kind that come in military issued ammo cans, or based on them. Like the ones you see slung across the chest of Soldiers and Marines in Vietnam war pictures. Like this dude:

3db956b0ef7452845dbc86b380e8baab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I wonder if they were just made for the movie then or if they are a surplus item....

I am not necessarily a fan of the new "Anthology" movies....but damn if they aren't doing an excellent job on costume design.

The ammo pouches look like the “throw away” kind that come in military issued ammo cans, or based on them. Like the ones you see slung across the chest of Soldiers and Marines in Vietnam war pictures. Like this dude:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180415/3db956b0ef7452845dbc86b380e8baab.jpg

Nice! I wonder if they were just made for the movie then or if they are a surplus item....

I am not necessarily a fan of the new "Anthology" movies....but damn if they aren't doing an excellent job on costume design.

They’d be super simple to make so unless the stumbled across a surplus store that got some of these (Like I mentioned, these are generally tossed after turning in the residue at the ammo supply point) my guess is that they whipped them up using the general style of these. That being said I have no idea what counties other than the U.S. do with their stuff so it could be a “found item”.

I was just bitching in another thread how much I hate the new troopers

I LOVE this version!! It’s perfect! Just a little change here and there

I was just bitching in another thread how much I hate the new troopers

I LOVE this version!! It’s perfect! Just a little change here and there

While I actually really like the range trooper and the mudtrooper, I certainly agree with you about the Mimban. Just adding a few new bits and equipment is so much better than making completely new designs.

For example, the new patrol trooper (which I really don't like)...why couldn't they just use a scout trooper?? We haven't seen scout troopers since RotJ and that's just ridiculous! Update the armor, maybe change a few things. No need to make a new trooper that literally serves the same purpose!

While I actually really like the range trooper and the mudtrooper, I certainly agree with you about the Mimban. Just adding a few new bits and equipment is so much better than making completely new designs.

For example, the new patrol trooper (which I really don't like)...why couldn't they just use a scout trooper?? We haven't seen scout troopers since RotJ and that's just ridiculous! Update the armor, maybe change a few things. No need to make a new trooper that literally serves the same purpose!

My guess is. Scouts are technically Biker Scouts. These new troopers aren't riding speeder bikes, but rather some form of landspeeder.

EDIT

I'm wondering if the new Patrol Troopers are more of a law enforcement unit.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back