Black Series Darth Vader Helmet Mod Thread!

I wish we could compare against the " fat lip" faceplate that was in ROTJ during the duel scene. That is what what I envision when i see this helmet due to the same wide lower " lip" below the grill. I know its not accurate, but it looks good..especially for a toy.

The dueling helmet is a real ROTJ facemask and has nothing to do with this new toy sculpt.So I think you could not find lots of similaritys.

I wish we could compare against the " fat lip" faceplate that was in ROTJ during the duel scene. That is what what I envision when i see this helmet due to the same wide lower " lip" below the grill. I know its not accurate, but it looks good..especially for a toy.

The ROTJ stunt helmet is the exact same as the rest of the screen helmets. The fat lip was a by product of the plastic neck fitted to the mouth vent.

My mods have been going well and I've had a blast. Well today i had my first issue. I noticed one lenses looked a bit cloudy and since they never were perfect, I decided to do the novus treatment.well, one of them is now very cloudy so my question.... Can anyone recommend a quality replacement for both lenses?

hi everybody , i get the helmet a couple days ago , i am making mods, i do have some accurate helmets to compare, so these project has been a lot of fun, i like these helmet great project loots of fun , check the images, added neck extension, metal greeblies , paint interior , exterior, and then i decided to fix the dome that its to small , thanks and enjoy your vader black series

unnamed (10).jpgunnamed (7).jpgunnamed (8).jpgunnamed (5).jpgunnamed (6).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (4).jpgunnamed (1).jpg

Almost finished the dome , I compare with spfx dome and return of Jedi gs helmet , use them as reference of my sculpt , helmet flare in hasbro it’s fine 30 cm , same as spfx and Jedi dome , main problem were the dome lack of volume almost 4 to 5 cm in top and sides probably 2 cm , I add lots of bondo , first I use aluminium foil paper , then hot glue to surface gave overall volume bondo on top of that , so I didn’t have to use double the amount of bondo , I was researching for the Jedi helmets and the neck on the reveal from ilm it’s indeed the shortest , but several other helmets was used in Jedi , and neck vary in couple of them , my neck it’s larger , maybe I’ll fix that latter , back to the dome , I almost finish the sculpt, most of the proportions are now ok but not perfect I try to maintain asymmetry sculpt in it, since original domes are asymmetric , mine helmeit’s not perfect but much better than the original hasbro sculpt, when I finish the helmet I will post some photos also I will put it inside the original box to see how that fit, these helmet it’s pretty cool for a toy and a nice project to work, dome also should be repositioned higher , as Jedi domes were higher , thanks , First photo it’s ilm original reveal helmet, second and third are Mark Cfo return of Jedi helmet I compare distance from chin triangle to neck , I know it’s some angle distortion from images but I think my neck it’s a little bit larger will trim that after finish the dome ,EB99A85E-D67D-4266-BD63-ACDCD5C46E8D.png458B5DC0-52E4-4372-959D-764DE0AD53A0.png7EB9BC23-8383-45C9-A297-DB967596D268.pngD76722FE-B318-4988-B8C5-AF8C244E8949.jpeg70CFFA38-5A43-4E3F-9E59-7EF0C7A593A3.jpeg

Hi everybody , after 4 days working on the dome finally I have something that’s feels ok, yesterday I mark with a marker where the crease line should go then I carved using a round file , after that I use bondo on the sides of the dome to fill any space to have an even surface besides that carved line , then use sandpaper to make line less deep , and add some primer to saw results , to copy the pattern of that line from both sides I use some soldering wire on top on and acurrate dome then use tape to put in on top of my dome and go tracing a line with a pen , still need to wet sand with sandpaper the hole dome and fill some details with bondo , thanks , the hardest part of these project definitely the dome , but I love the challenge , even do I have acurrate helmets efx limited, Cfo gs helmet, i stiil don’t regreat working on theese mods for the black series , next project after I done the display for theese helmet ,will be a rubies supreme helmet mod to make it loot better as close to acurrate as possible , I will make a tutorial with all the images for the black series mods , thanks 5FFD7E72-DBC0-4D19-8F60-EDA6C48A5E10.jpeg5852A2EF-D0F9-4729-B7D9-C0CF69863528.jpeg506DFAF5-AAED-4170-8309-1FEC014CCF84.jpegD39E898B-E0DA-4740-842F-B0381B449472.jpeg14DEA84D-93D1-440F-A1D5-C50E603525F7.jpeg9B3F202D-C8B4-4F80-A473-428465CE3BAA.jpeg6243AC8A-DB74-4DC4-9566-DF973834D399.jpeg7631996A-759C-4C53-8306-67F699676CF5.jpeg

Nothing has really the accurate size and shape.So if you want an accurate Revealhelmet this is nothing for you.
But if you only want a helmet that "looks like" a reveal its ok.

I am 6'4" tall with a 7 3/4" head size.

I can't wear this. Its too small. Collar will not connect with the face mask.

- - - Updated - - -

Copper tubing and stainless braided material arrived to dress up the inside of the lower jaw. This is a very fun project.

Source...?

I'm begging you, someone... anyone... please put the rubies supreme dome on the BS Vader, It's driving my mind crazy because I want to see a bigger dome on the BS.
All of these mods look great, and I was thinking of getting a BS to put the gunmetal color on it with my modded supreme dome as a nice display piece. It's just the dome question that keeps me from getting it.

I'm begging you, someone... anyone... please put the rubies supreme dome on the BS Vader, It's driving my mind crazy because I want to see a bigger dome on the BS.
All of these mods look great, and I was thinking of getting a BS to put the gunmetal color on it with my modded supreme dome as a nice display piece. It's just the dome question that keeps me from getting it.

eFX dome next to the BS:

zzz IMG_5289.JPG

Has anyone gone after this with sand paper? For instance, to sand out the mold seams?

Curious how the plastic responds to sanding...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back