Black Series Darth Vader Helmet Mod Thread!

I will get that info for you later today. I used a gun metal and a metallic black to give it some depth.I didn't paint the dome, but polished it with Novus 1-2-3 and it really shined up. I can't believe this is the same helmet and mask. I've been having fun.

Did yours have the injection molding mark on the top of the dome?

I will get that info for you later today. I used a gun metal and a metallic black to give it some depth.I didn't paint the dome, but polished it with Novus 1-2-3 and it really shined up. I can't believe this is the same helmet and mask. I've been having fun.

Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok gang. The paint I used was duplicolor brand. I couldn't remember the exact color I used years ago when I did w classic action helmet soxi improvised. I first used the gunmetal. It looked s bit too silvery so I think went over it lightly with metallic black..again duplicolor brand. Then to give depth, another light mist of gunmetal. This got me the exact color I was after. I left the bla k sections bare and polished those areas by hand with novus. Im glad I didn't bother with black paint because it turned out great.
I took some silver rub and buff to the pieces on top that were gold and needed to be silver and also did the drain piece in the middle.
Sorry for so many pics today. Lol
0418181729.jpg
0418181729_Burst01.jpg

Ok gang. The paint I used was duplicolor brand. I couldn't remember the exact color I used years ago when I did w classic action helmet soxi improvised. I first used the gunmetal. It looked s bit too silvery so I think went over it lightly with metallic black..again duplicolor brand. Then to give depth, another light mist of gunmetal. This got me the exact color I was after. I left the bla k sections bare and polished those areas by hand with novus. Im glad I didn't bother with black paint because it turned out great.
I took some silver rub and buff to the pieces on top that were gold and needed to be silver and also did the drain piece in the middle.
View attachment 810819
View attachment 810820

Just the paint makes a huge difference!

In comparison to film accurate pieces, how close are these black series Vaders ?

Nothing has really the accurate size and shape.So if you want an accurate Revealhelmet this is nothing for you.
But if you only want a helmet that "looks like" a reveal its ok.

View attachment 810819
View attachment 810820

The paint makes really a big difference.Good job.
How big are the expanders(the small golden pieces on the face) and are they only glued on or part of the sculpt?

Thanks for the compliments guys.
I'm not sure of the exact size of the expanded. They are thicker than real ones for sure and atecpart of the sculpt. I'd imagine ifcthey weren't they might be a little too delicate ti stand up to repeated removal of the dome even though it doesn't really make contact if you are putting on correctly, but its not a big deal. This wasn't meant to be an exact replica and for what it is, its amazing.
I used to have a 4 piece Portumac reveal and while it looked good, it wasn't really wearable because the mask and the lower jaw didn't fasten together, it just sat on top of it. It was display only and not much fun since it was so delicate. No comparison with w replica but that isn't the point anyway.
I can at least mess with this one. I tested putting the dome on and off over and over and not so much as a paint chip occurred. The sounds are icing on the cake.

The BS slightly resembles Vader, nothing more. Its nice for the price but does not capture the film look of Vader.
I realize the appearance is different, however I was referring to the size and shapes, (eyes, nose, other details ). Will simple upgrades and paint additions bring this closer to screen accurate?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back