It's BIG, NEW & Available at last - all 55 inches worth - re-tooled Randy Cooper ISD

For anyone like myself who is a lover of Star Destroyers, a builder of large resin kits, or of Randy Cooper's designs, I am pleased to confirm that Randy is now shipping his newly re-tooled and revised Avenger class Star Destroyer. Mine arrived 3 days ago and is a far cry from the original kit - Randy has thought long and hard about the assembly of this kit and has made some good assembly and structural alterations which are hoped to encourage builders who might have otherwise shied away from such a long and wide assembly.

I will post pictures once my model assembly gets underway - I am only just recovering from building Randy's Sandcrawler

Re: It's BIG, NEW & Available at last - all 55 inches worth - re-tooled Randy Cooper

55 Inches?! wow.

How much does this go for?

Re: It's BIG, NEW & Available at last - all 55 inches worth - re-tooled Randy Cooper

Mine arrived about a week ago as well - it's a beautiful kit and I can't wait to get into it!

5D3_5501_small.jpg

I've managed to get some cleaning up of the internal framing done and the foam core building jig done so far. The rest will have to wait a bit as I need to get two costume builds done in time for the Denver Comic Con first... :)

Dan

I didn't see a 55" one, but his price for the 42" one didn't seem bad based on the size and quality.

I didn't see a 55" one, but his price for the 42" one didn't seem bad based on the size and quality.

From the link above:
I'M HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE, I'M TAKING ORDERS FOR THE RETOOLED AVENGER KIT .
SO PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL (NURNYS@YAHOO.COM).
Price $775 USD (Shipping not included).

Too bad I don't have $800 for anything like this.

I thought this was 42" as well? At least that's the spec he gave on the website prior (I'm not seeing any size specs now).

Holy crap, that thing is gorgeous!! My biggest problem is I would have to rearrange my whole house to make a place big enough to display it. Better start thinking.

I really want this... but I want the PG Falcon first... Can't I just win the lottery already?

Mine just arrived today (May 25, 2018); STOKED!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy crap, that thing is gorgeous!! My biggest problem is I would have to rearrange my whole house to make a place big enough to display it. Better start thinking.

This.

Where the hell would I display the damn thing? :lol

Mine just arrived today (May 25, 2018); STOKED!

Congrats! This looks like such an amazing kit- and a bit of a bargain when you compare it to some of the studio scales out there.

Are you experienced with resin kits? Have you started doing the test fittings yet? If so, how's it looking initially- do you have much bowing or warpage?

Where the hell would I display the damn thing? :lol

Yeah. Even though I have no experience whatsoever with resin kits, this was actually the bigger stumbling block for me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back