Imperial Probe Droid 1/12 scale

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Picked up this little resin kit a few weeks ago from JPG Productions.
Nice little build.[emoji106]
08f1b1df3f5796b7c5f9824b6c3d8f37.jpg
72542411c7f40705a12d222f442031f0.jpg
73f36bf41f930bb97eac109ac3498dcf.jpg
29633b41beea40fc07406bf5f3de42b5.jpg
e3464d37fdc7226d32f0b07eb42b3fdd.jpg
92feacb2a0bb70605a0d0280681da1f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the size on that inches wise? I've been looking for a good Probot other than just the toy one. I'd like one that is at least a foot tall.

I've been checking and checking waiting to purchase this kit. But can't find it. How do I go about getting one? I'm not on Facebook, so any help would be great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've been checking and checking waiting to purchase this kit. But can't find it. How do I go about getting one? I'm not on Facebook, so any help would be great!

I originally found it for sale on Ebay but there wasnt a “buy it now” option and a bidding war had already started. Didnt want to get involved with that so I looked up the sellers name andI found his FB page and ordered it through there.

I dont think he had officially released it yet. I just happened to ask at the right time when he had a couple of casts lying around.

I believe hes working on a massive medical frigate cast right now and is waiting to get that out of the way before releasing these.

I think he also has a webpage. May want to send him a message through there if you dont have FB.

I also picked this one up through his Facebook page. Might be worth making an account just to message him - I paid $55, and the one listed on eBay ultimately went for $250 or something.

Darth Saber - would you mind sharing what paints and colors you used? You nailed the black/brown/grey mix.

I also picked this one up through his Facebook page. Might be worth making an account just to message him - I paid $55, and the one listed on eBay ultimately went for $250 or something.

Darth Saber - would you mind sharing what paints and colors you used? You nailed the black/brown/grey mix.

Yeah i saw that auction. Lol

I used vallejo air sea grey mixed with a little vallejo air nato black.
Then I misted heavily thinned Vallejo Air rust.

Then used Tamiya Weathering master rust.

Looks fantastic! Thanks for the color breakdown, I got one of these from JPG a few weeks ago, hoping to tackle it next.

That looks perfect!

The (onyx?) cabochons for he eye sensors look perfect

I remember the kit announcement, but never saw a for sale thread on any of the various forums so I wasn't aware he was selling them yet

I'll have to start saving up!

Thanks, that's great information. Again, well done - to my eye it looks exactly like it does on the screen.

Thanks, that's great information. Again, well done - to my eye it looks exactly like it does on the screen.

Thanks. It was hard to decide.
Some images show the probe being a bluish dark metal and other show it with the slight brown tint.

I think its available now. [emoji106]

I love the probe droid. Can't find any mention when jpg will officially release the droid on Facebook, no sign of it on starship modeler. I just wish jpg would focus on getting my medical frigate done, 15 months plus on preorder and he still finds time to release a probe droid.

@DARTH SABER , Just saw this thread in New posts section .

Apologies in advance if you’ve already answered this question before elsewhere , but I’m wondering what ( if any ) clear protective coating you used over the Vallejo paints and Tamiya weathering pastel ?
What did you use , and we’re there any problems when clear coating over the different mediums ?

:cheersGed

@DARTH SABER , Just saw this thread in New posts section .

Apologies in advance if you’ve already answered this question in before , but I’m wondering what ( if any ) clear protective coating you used over the Vallejo paints and Tamiya weathering pastel ? Were there any problems when clear coating over them ?

:cheersGed

I used Vallejo acrylic clear coat. Never had problems with vallejo paints or the Tamiya weathering pastels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the probe droid. Can't find any mention when jpg will officially release the droid on Facebook, no sign of it on starship modeler. I just wish jpg would focus on getting my medical frigate done, 15 months plus on preorder and he still finds time to release a probe droid.
Just be glad you didn't order from Atomic City- years behind on purchased kits and no communication skills

Stay away from Atomic City like the plague :angry Lost more than $300 on a kit that was never delivered!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back