NEW inexpensive Indiana Jones GOLDEN IDOL (not licensed) $79

FINALLY!!! i was beginning to wonder if i was going to get mine - ordered it through amazon in the uk (getting charged higher prices than in the US - surprise surprise) and to be fair the delivery deadline is actually tomorrow but i placed my order just before this thread even appeared - 4 weeks later its finally here and there are bits where you can see through the gold in the mouth etc but overall i think its a good one so i'm happy - little sprinkling of dust and into my indiana jones collection - all i need now is my lathe to arrive so i can start work on a holy grail

Just had a chance to open mine a couple days ago. There was a pretty noticeable ding on the cheek and arm. I'm going to have to exchange it. :(

I ordered 5lbs of lead shot thinking it would be enough.
Nope. Had to order more. It will end up being insane heavy. LOL Or I guess I could mix the lead shot
with sand.

Given how much sand Indy thought to use, was it supposed to be solid gold in the film?
Not thinking that now. His sand bag really didn't have that much sand in it.
And he swipes it with one hand in a way that it did not convey great weight.

So "screen accurate weight" so to speak.... might not be very heavy.

Most likely stone covered in hammered and smoothed gold.

Yeah I'm thinking to not put all leadshot in it now, Mix it up with something lighter. So It has heft but
not OH crap this is heavy.

"is it heavy?... then it's expensive.". That kind of thing.

And stop up the hole with some wood or something "native" looking.

Price went down to 89.99$ USD and you still can use the SUNNY10 coupon to get 10% off people!

It's 31$ usd to ship this to Canada .. it's ridiculously expansive!! all and all 150$ CAD for the idol .. worth it I guess!

Yeah I'm thinking to not put all leadshot in it now, Mix it up with something lighter. So It has heft but
not OH crap this is heavy.

"is it heavy?... then it's expensive.". That kind of thing.

And stop up the hole with some wood or something "native" looking.

With it being so top heavy, here was my solution. I filled the top half with expanding foam. Once it hardened I packed the bottom with sand then I cut down a large cork I had in and old jar then I glued it in. Now it has weight and it sits solid.

I had to shake weight the hell out of it to get all the sand settled with the lead pellets and tamp it all down with a stick. But now no noises when you rotate it and it weighs plenty now. Like 9lbs. LOL

You can also mix Resin with sand.
But I think the idol has a good weight out of the box and mine has also a solid stand.

It’s interesting to see people trying to dump their Sideshow idols on eBay now. The Sideshow idol was a completely new sculpt and had no lineage at all. I had one and it was ok but not accurate at all.

Could you show the flaws in the plating?

IMG_20180506_192722.jpg

You can the "ding" on the cheek, the arm doesn't show up quite as well though. And the ear and the edges of the mouth appear kind of silvery to me like the gold plating didn't get to those parts.

View attachment 816181

You can the "ding" on the cheek, the arm doesn't show up quite as well though. And the ear and the edges of the mouth appear kind of silvery to me like the gold plating didn't get to those parts.

Oh yes I see it.That look really bad.I also would send it back.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s interesting to see people trying to dump their Sideshow idols on eBay now. The Sideshow idol was a completely new sculpt and had no lineage at all. I had one and it was ok but not accurate at all.

Yes I also have seen that.
But when you look on the retail price and that its not really accurate..the prices are still a joke.

I sold mine last year after a LOT of people starting to complain about the plating flaking off. When I sold mine the plating was still perfect. I sold it for a mint (so much that it's embarrassing) Eight months after the person bought it he starts sending me threatening e-mails demanding his money back! He claimed I KNEW it was going to flake eventually! :lol

Honestly, these are so cheap I won't cry if it starts flaking later.

Funky that’s awesome! I sold mine years ago after seeing how inaccurate it was. I made about $500 on mine and bought two other Gobler idols.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back