NEW inexpensive Indiana Jones GOLDEN IDOL (not licensed) $79

I used a bunch of raw umber and black acrylic washes, water down with water to age it to how I liked it. Did not want it too dirty but also not too clean :)

I am considering the same when mine come. Pics make it look good but compared to movie seems to shiny. Will tell more once I get my hands on it.

Anyone else going to weather?

Well, if it's been sitting in a cave for decades or centuries, then yes, it would be weathered and duller. However, if it was recovered and put in the museum on display as others here have suggested, then they would probably shine it up. I'm happy with the shiny version.

So I asked Toynk and they said it's about 2.3 pounds - or just a hair over 1kg.

It's 7" tall, I figure about 4.5" wide... Let's just say the box is around the same size.

For Aussies, Shopmate has shipping at AUD 32.85.
For Kiwis, YouShop has it at $22.00 or $16.00 depending on how long you want to wait.
Either is a big saving on $62 USD!

*scratches chin* I think I'd better wait until next pay day to buy a [strike]toy[/strike] thing I don't need but really want.

i’m curious as to how much 2 would be shipped to australia and whether it’s worth having someone who was already buying one to get another at the same time then just post within aus

Got mine today. There was a paint run/bead on forehead and some scratch patterns on right cheek. Rest looked great. Going through swap right now to reroll on another one.

I just wanted to say thank you to the original poster Jedifyfe for making me aware of this :D Mine has finally arrived after nearly 4 weeks shipping time to the UK (although now available 'fulfilled by Amazon' so you can get it next day, albeit at a slightly higher price) and I'm absolutely delighted with it. Some slight trepidation as I opened it after reading quite a few posts about quality problems but I can honestly say I'm really happy with mine. Not quite sure how these are plated, but mine toppled backwards and hit the wall, and a small patch of gold plating actually stuck to the wall :facepalm I can't even notice any difference on the idol though. Another amazing prop from one of my favourite films ticked off the 'need' list :thumbsup

idol.jpg

After over 4 weeks in transit (and around $80.00 in postal fees to Aus) I see today that my package is somewhere in the EDGEWOOD in the USA instead of having been delivered to me in Australia.

I wonder if Indy grabbed it in transit...

Last edited:
After over 4 weeks in transit (and around $80.00 in postal fees to Aus) I see today that my package is somewhere in the EDGEWOOD in the USA instead of having been delivered to me in Australia.

I wonder if Indy grabbed it in transit...

Hi, mine was shipped on UPS but then the tracking also stopped at EDGEWOOD, NY. Then it just said 'transferred to local Post Office for delivery' and I had no further tracking updates until it arrived, upon which I could see it had been to Switzerland before making its way to the UK! On the plus side they declared the value as $15 so there was no customs bill to pay :cool

Hi, mine was shipped on UPS but then the tracking also stopped at EDGEWOOD, NY. Then it just said 'transferred to local Post Office for delivery' and I had no further tracking updates until it arrived, upon which I could see it had been to Switzerland before making its way to the UK! On the plus side they declared the value as $15 so there was no customs bill to pay :cool

Interesting, thanks for the info. I'm still puzzled as to why its taken to long so I have written to them to ask.

Glad yours arrives safely.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info being shared in this post, not only to JediFyfe for letting us all know, but also to everyone who's been keeping it updated about the discount codes.

DSC02692b.jpg

The jacket and shirt are from costumes that I've worn in various local TV skits and commercials. The fedora was an "Indiana Jones" one that my Mom found at a thrift store a couple of years ago.

My almost 16yo son Zak took the pic. He also knew immediately what film the idol was from when I first opened it. Not just "Indiana Jones" but he correctly ID'ed it as "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

If you guys find a good source for the headpiece to the Staff of Ra, let me know.

Alex

In Canada, the limit is 45$ CAD. That’s about 30$ usd.

But it also depends on pure luck as lots of high value items I got never got fees applied. That is using USPS of course. All the other carriers like UPS, DHL etc will steal from you no exceptions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back