Goonies Copper Bones - COMPLETE

I'm pretty sure Brenton got the idea from the writing on the ceiling in the inferno pirate ship towards the end of the movie which is on the back of his copper bones.

Brenton is the inventor of the "writing on the back" version. This is NOT on the original prop and any prop with this detail is simply copying Brenton's version. And yes, Mezco Toys recast my version of the Copper Bones to make their "Official" version. This version is even on display in the Pirate Museum in St. Augustine, FL. Brenton and my replicas have also been used in other official licensing such as the 25th anniversary calendar and Bluray box art.

Brenton is the inventor of the "writing on the back" version. This is NOT on the original prop and any prop with this detail is simply copying Brenton's version. And yes, Mezco Toys recast my version of the Copper Bones to make their "Official" version. This version is even on display in the Pirate Museum in St. Augustine, FL. Brenton and my replicas have also been used in other official licensing such as the 25th anniversary calendar and Bluray box art.

Thanks for the Divine intervention. So, Indeed, the actual prop has no writing on the back. That's the answer.

You know you're good, when everyone considers your stuff worth stealing. ;)

I was just in Saint Augustine a couple weeks back and saw the piece at the Pirate museum

I know this is old but is there anything we can do about licensed replicas being sold as "1:1 cast off the original screen used prop" when we know it's a copy of a fan made replica?

Like, Hollywood Collector's Group (the Batman and Batman Returns Batarangs), Toynami (the Batman Returns Grappling Gun), Mezco (this key) etc are all guilty of it. It's false advertising and honestly the companies should be held accountable for it. They're lying to the customer to make sales.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back