The Shocker

here are some pics with the knee pads, the middle parts are hollow atm as thats where the light will be.

ss5.jpgss1.jpgss2.jpgss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss4.jpg

13doctorwho The Shocker from "Spider-man: Homecoming" struck me as a concept in development; at least I hope so.
The Sinister Six have yet to get together and thus I assume his costume isn't 'finished/complete'.I sincerely hope they're saving the best for last (read: Sequel),because to give a man (or woman) a jacket and a weapon doesn't make them a villain from a comic book.I thought it looked cheap and incomplete.At least give the man 2 weapons like in the comics and a ski mask like a bankrobber :cautious:

Last edited:
So It's been a long time, life has been busy with other projects but finally managed to get back to one that is close to the heart

Warning Pic Heavy.

81929065_10162795672965427_6420622773445459968_n.jpg

81768385_10162795672800427_3163183829422702592_n.jpg

81831081_10162803959410427_1637610423681286144_n.jpg

Finally managed to Get both Vibro-Smashers painted and weathered and did a quick mock up of the suit shown in the Art of the Movie Spider-Man Homcoming book. Actually quite like this version so may expand on it.

82735476_789355978234519_2776679202764619776_n.jpg

Also started work on refining the Gauntlets retracting like in the Films, The Hammer-Fists are held on with magnets and inner pipping which comes away allowing the side arms, to move up and the handle to fold back. Since the actually effect in the films is a fake out i still need to make the retracted 'fist' that folds up and sits on top of the gauntlets. Also Started working on the arm armour inspired by The Shocker's appearance in the Spider-man ps4 game..... Annnnnd a neck seal was also started. PHEW!

82851783_2645734482324779_3962210925171179520_n.jpg

Managed a test fitting, so here's one for now. The Helmet needs to be reworked and I'm thinking of adding some armoured parts to the legs, not too sure yet.

81997487_10162731561725004_4063516353141669888_n.jpg

bit of an update with lots of pics

So had a go at making the shocker's original Vibro-Smashers.

n9.jpg

n4.jpg

n7.jpg

Added the inner eyes and lenses to the updated helmets

n10.jpg
side1.JPG

started work on the battery belt and thigh armour

ne8.jpg

finished comic book style Vibro-Smashers and thigh armour

n5.jpg

Test fitting the new pieces in harsh sunlight, nothing sits right but you get the idea.

n1.jpg

n3.jpg

Again this whole thing is awesome! I love the puncher gauntlets and the how they look oversize. Gives the comicy feel with the real looking mechanical gauntlet. The whole thing is so cool.

Again this whole thing is awesome! I love the puncher gauntlets and the how they look oversize. Gives the comicy feel with the real looking mechanical gauntlet. The whole thing is so cool.
Yeah completely agree.
One thing that was a happy accident that i've only really just spotted, is how close the suit looks compared to the Shockers original costume. granted the details are different (plus the zip is done up a lot higher then normal on my jacket and I'm not wear the belt yet) but the colour placement and overall shape design is there. TBH is you take away various parts it looks like various different Shocker costumes. Didn't really set out to do that but happy it ended up that way. Might even add the brown strip on the thigh armour.

.JPG
000001.jpg

Bit of a big update, pic heavy :D

So a lot has changed with the suit. Added brown stripes to the the arms and thigh armour so resemble the details on the Shocker's original costume.
s02.jpg

I originally had the battery belt finished but decided to change it to resemble the 'v' belt the shocker wears, THEN decided to cut it up and bulk it out as it looked too slim and small.

Added additional details to the yellow jacket so it can be worn without the brown coat for a more streamlined version of the suit and completely redesigned the neck seal so that its a quilted yellow instead of a hard foam build. Also changed the Brown fatigues. Now they're multi toned brown jeans instead of a flat dark brown

Suiting up and the streamlined version of the suit.
s0.jpg
s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Bulked up suit with MCU Vibro-Smashers
sho1.jpg

sho2.jpg

sho3.jpg

sho6.jpg

While not finished in this form, here's some of the MCU Vibro-Smashers retracted
sh2.jpg

sh1.jpg

And purely for the lolz, because everyone knows you can hide you're costume under a trench coat and hat :D
s4.jpg

While the big stuff is finished there's still a lot of smaller things to complete, mostly on the gauntlets.

To quote Jamie Foxx in The Amazing Spider-man 2: "Aces, Max...Aces" .
Thank you for sharing this project with us !

at first I wasn't a fan of the helmet. You were right, I was divided. But as the whole costume began to look more and more Shocker, I have to admit, it grew on me! This costume is spectacular!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back