Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

Anyone have any good close ups of this??
850e1f63d21bcb2c587d96dc0589f9c5.jpg

Yes as much as it pains me to say it. It looks like they used AW custom. I’ve already placed an order and will be modifying my grille and side panel to make sure everything fits.

My only issue is how they took the easy road without paying any attention to the details. Hope this isn’t a reflection of how they made the film itself. Oh well. I’ll just get some tissue and wipe my own tears.

Last edited:
My only issue is how they took the easy road without paying any attention to the details.

for real, it’s been what, forty something years since ANH? Pretty sure there’s enough soruce material by now.

I suppose for the price its good. Production can buy 10 or however many (like TLJ and the graflex 2.0-.1s) and not sweat it. Also, the blowback feature to give the actor something with fucntion may help them.

I remember Garth Edwards talking about the rifles in Rogue One all having blowback features and it being a big thing in helping the actors.

Nice catch. The bull barrel and FH are one piece on the AW custom. It also looks like they drilled two holes into the bull barrel sleeve to secure it to the m712 barrel.

That flash hider doesn't look like it's on very straight in that pic.

The scope knob looks like the ANH version by the numbers, but the screws that hold it together in the center are not aligned lengthwise to the scope,
maybe they just glued it on?

The scope knob looks like the ANH version by the numbers, but the screws that hold it together in the center are not aligned lengthwise to the scope,
maybe they just glued it on?

The way things are going it's probably just an AW Custom scope with a cut at the top of the scope knob.

Dave, a SOLO kit will probably be a TFA-style bull barrel sleeve with 2 allen head screws and T-track, the grill, left side plate to cover the deleted selector switch and thin silver "Mystery Disk" to go on the existing knob. I feel confident that there will be a market (myself included) for such a thing in metal if you would be so kind as to apply your genius. :)

Guys it is 100% an Airsoft, yes, (shame on them not even removing the gas valve on the mag) but ist is NOT the AW Custom (I own). Scope is different, Grill is different, Flashhider barrel extension is different. It might be the same base as AW Customs used, the M712 by WE but with their own customizations.

Two more pictures:

Solo_dl44_01.jpgsolo_dl44_02.jpg

cheers,

Dirk

Not too far off topic, but based on the picture posted by Omnius, does it look like there isn't a cap on the bottom of the holster or is it just me? I think I see the end of the barrel poking out the bottom of the holster..:confused

Not too far off topic, but based on the picture posted by Omnius, does it look like there isn't a cap on the bottom of the holster or is it just me? I think I see the end of the barrel poking out the bottom of the holster..:confused
I don't see any stitches for a cap on the bottom of the holster. Looks like the Flash Hider is showing thru.
Nice observation.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back