Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

I just saw the movie.

The Solo blaster is a TFA DL-44.
The bull Barrel is flush like the TFA and the Flash Hider is thin, not a ANH flash hider.
The grill looked like TFA on some scenes and ANH on others.
The surface of the mistery disc is painted silver with black sides.
The mistery disc looked flat (no knurled knob just the silver paint circle) on some scenes, beveled knob or flat top knob on others.

When the movie hits stores we will probably know for sure.

Some details of the gun are revealed on the movie but I don't want to spoil it for others.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I just pulled out my AW custom and looked at it compared to the pics... its close but not the same, the windage wheel is too high, and doesn't have the "lip" at the top. The scope bracketing is darn close though.

But I should caution all of you that using publicity photos as reference is a path to heartache... they often throw something close enough for a promo pic together last second... they rarely match the on screen prop 100%.

Jedi Dade

I just pulled out my AW custom and looked at it compared to the pics... its close but not the same, the windage wheel is too high, and doesn't have the "lip" at the top. The scope bracketing is darn close though.

But I should caution all of you that using publicity photos as reference is a path to heartache... they often throw something close enough for a promo pic together last second... they rarely match the on screen prop 100%.

Jedi Dade

exactly :thumbsup

Just before Beckett gives Solo the blaster, the takes the long barrel and shoulder stock off.

Someone connected w/ this film was aware of the links that C96 in The Naked Runner had to his blaster.
Flat stock w/ some reflective bits on it. Didn't get a good look at the long barrel.
Hopefully we'll get more reference to this as these will be great add ons to this iconic blaster.

Solo blaster takedown 01.pngSolo blaster takedown 02.pngSolo blaster takedown 03.pngSolo blaster takedown 04.pngSolo blaster takedown 05.pngSolo blaster takedown 06.pngSolo blaster takedown 07.pngSolo blaster takedown 08.png

Nooooooouuuu!!!!
Why did you post the blaster intro scene?
Just before Beckett gives Solo the blaster, the takes the long barrel and shoulder stock off.

Someone connected w/ this film was aware of the links that C96 in The Naked Runner had to his blaster.
Flat stock w/ some reflective bits on it. Didn't get a good look at the long barrel.
Hopefully we'll get more reference to this as these will be great add ons to this iconic blaster.

View attachment 820072View attachment 820073View attachment 820074View attachment 820075View attachment 820076View attachment 820077View attachment 820078View attachment 820079

So the bobble head was accurate... damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have already been said, but is that attachment point (with the two knobs, on the opposite side of the scope mount) supposed to explain the mystery disk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubt in my mind that they started with an AW custom. I think they modified it with the c96 faux side and the TFA bull barrel and grill. But the scope, scope mount, flash hider and gun all screamed AW. There were a couple great shots of the top of the scope rings, and the AW scope rings are very distinct and I saw them consistently throughout the film.

I wish we would have seen more of the carbine (at least it got more screen time than the A180's attachments in Rogue One), but at least the "normal" DL-44 got used plenty.

This may have already been said, but is that attachment point (with the two knobs, on the opposite side of the scope mount) supposed to explain the mystery disk?

I mentioned that in my thread that never got any replies. :(

That was what I was thinking. I also think they may have tried to explain the scope being on the right-hand side of the blaster (for left-handed users) by having Beckett being left-handed (since Woody Harrelson is too). Could easily just be a coincidence, though, because I doubt they cared about actors being left-handed when they were casting Beckett. Either way, it works as an explanation for that.

So it looks like the Solo kit will have to have the barrel and stock as options maybe, will look into that,
it looks like the long barrel screwed into the blaster barrel?

I have no doubt in my mind that they started with an AW custom. I think they modified it with the c96 faux side and the TFA bull barrel and grill. But the scope, scope mount, flash hider and gun all screamed AW.

Sorry to say but "no". As I allready wrote there are lot's of minor differences especially on the scope, it might be a WE Airsoft as base but not the whole AW Custom.

cheers,

Dirk

Is there any better reference for the Carbine? I thought that was the contest weapon in the movie, and the only reference so far is a funko

Nooooooouuuu!!!!
Why did you post the blaster intro scene?

This IS a thread about the blaster which will give spoilers away as the prop is discussed.

Besides, if you've seen the trailer you've seen how he gets the blaster.

This IS a thread about the blaster which will give spoilers away as the prop is discussed.

Besides, if you've seen the trailer you've seen how he gets the blaster.
I already saw the movie. I was trying to be funny with Vaders Episode 3 "No".

Beckett disassembled a rifle that turned out to be the solo blaster. I got pretty surprised even thou I already knew he gave Han his blaster.

I already saw the movie. I was trying to be funny with Vaders Episode 3 "No".

Beckett disassembled a rifle that turned out to be the solo blaster. I got pretty surprised even thou I already knew he gave Han his blaster.

Ahhh- gotcha :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back