Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

Beautiful work as always, Chubs. I'm waiting on the SOLO DVD release to order your 3D printed parts for the AW Custom I'm getting for Christmas. [emoji4]

Just curious, why did you opt for no silver on the mystery disk, no notch on the scope knob and the angle in the T-track on the FH side? Do we have images to support these interpretations?

Thanks H0llyw00d. They mystery disk is silver but I guess it doesn’t really show up in the above pics. I used a steel color paint so thats maybe why it’s harder to see?
3be151f87a068e3d4a34258ee3398e42.jpg

The no notch is only because I couldn’t get the knob off honestly. If you can get that notch in there all the better. And for the angle on the t-track are you asking is it film accurate? I do believe so. First pic is the film prop, second is my conversion..
78043408bb8725bb462dae49c181a2e9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this pic and wanted to share. We’ve seen it before but this is a little sharper...

So what are we looking at here, Chubs? Getting my AW Custom for Christmas to delay gratification, so I can't take it out and look at it. Do we know from the DVD release that that is the Hero? To me it looks a little off in a lot of ways...

Ya that’s the hero prop from SOLO [emoji106]

I don’t have the dvd but did get the digital copy. They definitely look to be one and the same H0llyw00d [emoji482]

And the film itself (with all its flaws) is starting to climbing my SW ladder. R1 & SOLO right behind JEDI.. and then a big sarlacc gap to the leaders of the pack SW & EMPIRE [emoji102]

But it’s growing on me for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it be cool if they used the Hero as a stunt? With an all-metal airsoft it may be the only time they could afford to do that. And that looks like throw-across-the-floor type weathering to me. And you can see how the scope has been pushed forward from it's original position... that would be amazing :)

I had heard that this blaster is 3/4 the size of the original Solo DL-44 from ANH. Something about the original being too big to fit on the actor’s hip or to hold in his grip?

True?

I had heard that this blaster is 3/4 the size of the original Solo DL-44 from ANH. Something about the original being too big to fit on the actor’s hip or to hold in his grip?

True?

That’s funny but no that’s not true at all. A real c96 Mauser is about the same size as this AWC. Here is the AWC with a 1:1 resin casting of a real c96 (same as the anh hero was built on) and a denix. I already cut the end off the resin Mauser for a build and the awc comes cut. But u can see that they are all pretty close in size. The denix is the biggest I believe..

Edit: I believe you might have ur airsofts confused. There is a plastic toy airsoft that is 3/4 scale but not this one. This AWC is right inline with a real Mauser [emoji106]
9004176588c345fc441367ef077d9926.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be cool if they used the Hero as a stunt? With an all-metal airsoft it may be the only time they could afford to do that. And that looks like throw-across-the-floor type weathering to me. And you can see how the scope has been pushed forward from it's original position... that would be amazing :)

I bet they made a bunch of these as they are not that expensive. So the hero and stunt I’m guessing are one and the same. If it got damaged they simply just subbed in the next one [emoji15]

The scope moved forward is just one of the changes they made on the blaster. Those changes were probably made for copyright reasons and probably to make it more unique to SOLO itself I’m guessing?? Either way it’s the easiest and most straight forward film prop conversion available to date.

The scope moved forward is just one of the changes they made on the blaster....

True. But you can see what appears to be the paint line where the scope was further back (as I believe it was in-holster in the film), but it appears to have been pushed forward by impact or other forces. But I could be wrong... as i usually am. :)

True. But you can see what appears to be the paint line where the scope was further back (as I believe it was in-holster in the film), but it appears to have been pushed forward by impact or other forces. But I could be wrong... as i usually am. :)

No I totally see what u mean. You can see the slide marks. But it wouldnt be able to slide forward without the scope being modified first. U’ll see what I mean when u open ur amazing Xmas present [emoji6]

By the way none of us really know anything. We are all grabbing at straws here [emoji482]

Here is a pic from the theater displays someone shared earlier. Not that this was ever used on set either but again who knows..
c16341ebcb0c3959e197a77c8852c1f4.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I’ll be damned...

I thought for sure since they went with 3/4 of a Solo that it made sense that they would have gone with 3/4 of a blaster.

I learn something new every day on this Board.

That’s funny but no that’s not true at all. A real c96 Mauser is about the same size as this AWC. Here is the AWC with a 1:1 resin casting of a real c96 (same as the anh hero was built on) and a denix. I already cut the end off the resin Mauser for a build and the awc comes cut. But u can see that they are all pretty close in size. The denix is the biggest I believe..

Edit: I believe you might have ur airsofts confused. There is a plastic toy airsoft that is 3/4 scale but not this one. This AWC is right inline with a real Mauser [emoji106] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180925/9004176588c345fc441367ef077d9926.jpg

... There is a plastic toy airsoft that is 3/4 scale but not this one. ...

on that note, I've got an airsoft mauser I ran across a while back, that I've torn apart, is anyone able to give me some dimensions on the real size of the mauser so I can compare and see if I've got a full scale one or not? I'm afraid I'm fresh out of real ones to compare to :p

I figure front to back depth of the handle at it's largest point, and external width of the magazine well would let me figure out what I've got.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back