Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

This poster [emoji106]
5831a29b30f44870410546fac894792d.jpg

That's the TFA blaster. I'm not seeing that in the live shots for Solo... it's just Photoshopped to have the FH bottom screw and brass scope knob.

U think so? That seems like a lot of unnecessary work don’t you think?? It certainly looks like an airsoft in the trailer.

U think so? That seems like a lot of unnecessary work don’t you think?? It certainly looks like an airsoft in the trailer.

Well, Chris Miller tweeted a pic of a TFA blaster early on from the Solo set but it looks to me like they went a different direction with it when Ron took over. The blaster in the trailers doesn't seem as fat as the TFA version:

Chn139_UkAAstrC.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Chris Miller tweeted a pic of a TFA blaster early on from the Solo set but it looks to me like they went a different direction with it when Ron took over. The blaster in the trailers doesn't seem as fat as the TFA version:

View attachment 811034

IMHO what I think happed was they didn’t have the new SOLO blaster finished just yet so with that tweet and with some of the promotional material we have seen they just used the old TFA blaster instead. Like this new nerf gun which shows a young Han holding TFA blaster instead of his new SOLO one..
1ff224f5b7786eb143be3a6f5d9b27bb.jpg
844a421c9360f152b81247c8de19aea4.jpg

But I do think that what we are seeing here is the new SOLO blaster which Im pretty sure is also an airsoft. More than likely the same model airsoft that was used to construct TFA blaster..
4e4137e9d15bda0348556a4bd4ca85ce.jpg

I do think it’s a bit of a misconception on just how fat the airsoft actually is though. The front mag is the biggest difference and even then it’s not as big as most believe it to be. I use to think the same but look at this. This is a denix resting on top of HFC m712..
cad5fac2f765c70bbb7a0cd224b469eb.jpg

Both the front mag’s and again it’s not a crazy difference..
04d23079f4b3f95dd901b9f8a59932ba.jpg

And here they are together..
99d9c8e71ad7c88a8b791b820c21182f.jpg

Last edited:
Yo,

So I've seen a bunch of blasters on eBay and Easy and I've even found already existing Han Solo airsoft guns. Does anyone know how accurate those are? I'm literally talking about an airsoft gun that already looks like Han's blaster.

Thanks for all the information in the thread, and sorry for my lack of knowledge, I'm used to dressing up like a TIE Pilot and a Stormtrooper, not any of the face characters from Star Wars, so I'm a little out of my element.

Yo,

So I've seen a bunch of blasters on eBay and Easy and I've even found already existing Han Solo airsoft guns. Does anyone know how accurate those are? I'm literally talking about an airsoft gun that already looks like Han's blaster.

Thanks for all the information in the thread, and sorry for my lack of knowledge, I'm used to dressing up like a TIE Pilot and a Stormtrooper, not any of the face characters from Star Wars, so I'm a little out of my element.

I've heard good things about the Evike offering:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=265343

If you are looking for an OT version there is the old MR or PM Chubs (the OP) and he can set you up. :)

This thread is super interesting. I’m also learning a good deal about the difference in Han’s blasters along the way.

You fellas are some scholars :thumbsup

Dbfr3R4WAAcAly5.jpg:large

Seems to be a "re worked" TFA blaster for sure.

Width of the mag well is the same and the base plate is definitely visible.

You can even see what looks to be the mag well weathering from the Wired blaster as well.

Great shot kid! One in million!

U can see the mount also looks to be from TFA as well.
3a27529c1a45d9c842bbbcb800758f59.jpg

It’s very blurry obviously but I can see details here lead me to believe it’s the same..
2e5f086205ddf3d679fdc8f1e7fcaa8e.jpg

It’s very similar for sure but there looks to be some differences. Minor as they are. Hopefully it is. I won’t have to design another blaster lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the look of the screw on the flash hinder, the brass scope knob on top, and the front grill, it seems like they just order a bunch of the Armorer Works ones Evike has available. Maybe that's why they were on back order for so long last year. The groove in the brass scope knob looks like what some have already done to their Armorer Works versions to give the appearance or illusion of a shorter knob. I am by NO means an expert but these are just my observations from scrolling through this post.

Well personally I believe I’m going to be just a little disappointed. This “new” SOLO blaster certainly looks to be the old inaccurate TFA blaster with these 3 basic upgrades..

• new scope & scope dial
• added set screw on the flash hider
• mystery knob is subtly different

Otherwise its the exact same blaster with the same inaccurate mount, flash hider/bull barrel & heat sink grille.

I had such optimism for this to be done correctly after noticing the new scope in the trailers. Then the reveal of the set screw. Maybe just maybe they would get it right and pay respect to the OG Hero from ‘77. But sadly I don’t think so any longer..

835b955a4fdee2487b0310028ebb3eb3.jpg

8dc346a95b76a82d956bfcd5b3988d1b.jpg
9d8eb551f2c0250b6af9948226161d19.jpg

I’m sure most here already know this info but for those that don’t..

It would be one thing if TFA was an original design but lucasfilm just copied MR first inaccurate attempt at the HERO blaster themselves. It’s so lazy on so many levels it’s kind of upsetting..
f6f2cd57443909ca884cf2c953639002.jpg

It was so inaccurate that MR themselves tired again with a more accurate version called “elite” I believe. Still missing some details but much closer..
79caa77a610823ccdfac451ec4a06d9a.jpg

Now that original misstep on MR part is.. “cannon” [emoji849]

Last edited:
If you are right... and I have a sinking suspicion you are, there are still quite a few subtle though welcome improvements over that TFA monstrosity:

• Better scallops on the FH along with a FH set screw
  • Better mating of the bull barrel to the body
  • Brass scope knob and end caps
  • More Mystery Disk looking knob
  • Better weathering job
  • Better grips than those godaweful out-of-the-box TFA ones

If we are in lemonade-making mode that's my first swing at it... :/

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back