Scam artist warning: Ed Twist a.k.a. Patrick Keith Snyder has defrauded many collecto

JazzincDioramas

It really pains me to have to write this, because it marks the very first time in 15 years of doing business and transactions online where I have been defrauded. And not just a small amount either. The individual going by the moniker Ed Twist, whose real name is Patrick Keith Snyder, has been responsible for many of my sleepless nights over the past year. Another unfortunate fact is that I have now come in contact with others who have also become his victim. Finally, a recent search on Google shows that he has actually been arrested for federal mail fraud charges, so it is clear that he has done this on a larger scale, just not how large. The group of victims in the 1/6 collectors community I have found have incurred losses of over $15,000 collectively!

The most important point to this message is to warn as many people as I can so he cannot make any more victims. It is easy to set up new email addresses and new aliases, which is why I am including a picture of Patrick Keith Snyder as well as his address, and PayPal address so you will be able to identify him even if he changes accounts.

I do not do this lightly though, because I realize the impact this will have in the communities. However, I am now very sure of my facts. I can corroborate all my statements with video recordings of Facebook Video chats I had with him as well as my entire message history with this individual.
Of course, with the other victims I found, I know I have other witnesses as well. We have contacted the police and pressed charges which will be added to his record on top of the other fraud charges that have been leveled against him.

The pattern seems to be the same for all his victims. Some of whom have been in contact with him for years before problems arose. In my case, the first months went fine, where he delivered the prototype for a large order of imperial thrones I had ordered from him. He also sent me a few figures, including some custom work, so I thought he was legit. He said he was a veteran, who lost the use of his legs in the Middle East due to an IED, which softened me to him further. However, after those first months, I sent him a lot more money to produce the entire order, and that is when the troubles started.

I got story upon story of bad news, where he claimed to have been ripped of by mold makers, of deaths in the family and even reported an official break in with the police claiming that all his work have been stolen.
I have also found out today that he has been banned from certain groups for claiming the work of others as his own and selling on those figures for a ridiculous mark up.

The bottom line remains the same though, he never kept his promises and I am out thousands of dollars of my personal savings that I invested in this project. Just goes to show that you cannot be careful enough, so please make sure you know the identity of the people you are doing business with and that they are completely on the level.

I hope this statement will help people become safer in online transactions, and I also hope to hear from others who have fallen victim to his practices so we can build a stronger case against him.

I want to end this on a positive note though, because even though this is a sad moment for me, it is completely drowned out by the incredible amounts of positive energy I get from working for the wonderful people in the 1/6 collecting community, and I hope to be able to serve you for many years to come!

Your sincerely,
-Joost Assink
Jazzinc Dioramas

Re: Scam artist warning: Ed Twist a.k.a. Patrick Keith Snyder has defrauded many coll

So you ordered $15,000 worth of imperial thrones from him (to resell I'm guessing) and he never made or shipped them?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back