Planet of the Apes 50th anniversary

I’m on your side but.. cough-cough (The Twilight Zone 1959-1964) cough.

I said, "film". For a big film production, featuring a big movie star, to have that kind of bizarre ending was novel and unexpected at the time.

Television, aka "the small screen", was not highly regarded in that era. So, some quirky TV show like The Twilight Zone, and even episodes like Star Trek's Mirror, Mirror, did very little to prepare the American movie-going audience for Planet of The Apes' shocking ending.

The Wook

Last edited:
I guess maybe you guys are right. I was only three years old when it came out and saw it a few years later. I didn't know anything about the film, but maybe that spoiler had already reached me and I just didn't know it.

I was 10 back when it came out and unfortunately for me some dick head spilled the beans before I saw it so it wasn't a REALLY big reveal for me but it was still awesome. I loved all of the ape movies and I remember going to our local theater that was showing all 5 movies one weekend.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back