Bandai A-Wing 1/72 Easter Project

BenjaminPoss

I decided to finally paint my A-Wing

I used Vallejo paints. Started with white primer, then a go with Signal white, the red/brown parts where also painted with Vallejo German tank color. The result can be seen in the picture below

a59412b0d942fb67ce4298bcc4aba613.jpg

Next step was to give it a worn look, from combat entering atmospheres and so on. At this stage I used water colors and a pencil, as well as some of the basic colors applied with a sponge
b9de0fa33be19b54ebcb747547d3afde.jpg

That's it so far :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

0922f14e75b8368a39b605e4999f3fd6.jpg
64a53c845052ab0aeb4d74faa1ced165.jpg

I continued working on the A-Wing. The engines and the underside have become some weathering. As well as I have continued on the upper side. Still a bit to go before I put the decals on and give them also a go with some weathering.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have to say, I don't like A-wings, but yours looks really good. The weathering is very good. I look forward to seeing the finished result.

Hi, great build. The weathering is excellent and as another member said trully inspirational. I'm planning on using a pair of A wings for another project but I want to combine them with another model. I was wondering if you can give the assembled model's dimensions as the project involves different scales. I've tried to look it up online but unfortunately all the online stores only list the box dimensions, not the actual models.

Thanks in advance!

I completely missed this! I haven't picked this kit up yet, but now I really want one! I love that last pic of the weathering! That thing looks like it's been in some major battles.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back