Buck Rogers shuttles

Lee S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished the two Shuttles from Buck Rogers produced by TimeSlip. Made a few small mods to Ranger 3 and added a bunch of tiny details that have only recently been noticeable due to new pictures of the original being released. I also did an extensive search for the decals used and managed to locate most of them on the same decal sheets used for the Thunderfighter. Both are quick builds due to the clean castings
IMG_5875.pngIMG_5873.JPGIMG_5888.JPGIMG_5904.JPG
IMG_5909.pngIMG_5914.JPG

Some WIP shots can be found here...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_stringer/albums/72157689362570830

AWESOME finishes there Lee!! Congrats on a BEAUTIFUL job on both of those, they look Spot On!!! Your work as usual is simply quite Stunning!!! So glad to see how elegantly you nailed the look of these!!
Sean

Fantastic job Lee!!! You've done an awesome job again.
Timeslip produce some really nice kits. Casting is always spot on!!
Will use those references when I get to building my mine.
Keep up the great work.
Dave.

I always called this ship Buck's Buran, in that it reminds me of the Russian Orbiter:
Actually, with no payload bay, this could fit atop Falcon Heavy. To me, this is what Musk's BFS/Starship needs to be for high earth orbit spaceplanes.
The Hatchet ship's first shot didn't destroy it due to shuttle tiles that the thunderfighters lacked.

Something that puzzled me--the site here: www.modelermagic.com/?p=98355
That says that it is the original

Now, I think the original was chopped to form the Terra shuttle from BSG, and that also used as a shuttle in later Buck Rogers episode.
Was that a new build/molding?

Last edited:
There was a mold made of the original pattern. For the pilot 2 shuttles were made (one 'before' and one 25th Century). It's my understanding that the other versions of the shuttle were modifed from fresh castings.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back