Parzival costume thread. Ready Player One

Just did first make up test, any criticism and help welcome! MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1532034889739.jpg

View attachment yes4.JPG

Not completely happy with my vest, I have a new one already that I changed to make it shorter, but need to iron the sword on it. Also the make up is a little too light on the picture. So I will buy darker color and the next time there will be "more" pattern on my arms. (I made the costume a night before the con ready ^^'
But LOOOVED to shoot with an BTTF Delorean! Picture is taken by "who ya gonna call germany / degourtrie photography" and the delorean is from "zeitmaschine-mieten de"

Not sure if you've found a solution evoskater that your happy with but I would look up the tutorial for a Geralt costume. The dude that does that has a dark brown beard and he manages to turn it grey without bleach. I think it's mostly chalk but its a solution that is astounding no matter how many times you see it

Not sure if you've found a solution evoskater that your happy with but I would look up the tutorial for a Geralt costume. The dude that does that has a dark brown beard and he manages to turn it grey without bleach. I think it's mostly chalk but its a solution that is astounding no matter how many times you see it

Hey man !thank you! :) But I am really happy how my first attempt turned out! I´ve just updated a few things at my costume. But the makeup turned out great! For the next time we will add more triangles and more "tattoos" to my arms :)

Hello everyone!

So, I’m almost done having everything needed for my parzival custome the only thing I’m missing is the wings for my pants.

Does anyone have any ideas, advice, or possibly where I can purchase something wing like for my pants or attach to the shoes that goes up?

There's a seller on Etsy that has some laser etched yellow acrylic wings. They look neat but not what I wanted to go after. I wanted a compound curve to match the shape of the leg andnot a cylinder.

I modelled the wings in 3D and printed them as a vacuform buck. I'm going to cut out the vac formed shells, then paint them gold. And then add decals inside the wings that the grid pattern that I created in photoshop

44087852052_9bc34c73c7_c.jpg

Hey fellow cosplayers

I have a question and need your help. I’m looking / searching for the best way to attach my acrylic parzival wings to my shoes or jeans.

Does anyone have any good ideas for attaching them to the shoes or pants that will hold and not come off?

This is how I'm doing them. Attach heavy duty velcro to the underside of the wings, and sew the opposite velcro (non adhesive) on the the sides of the pants.

Run a 1"elastic stirrup attached to the underside of the wings, and have it run under the your heel. This tucks inside the shoes.

This way, they are attached to the pants and allow you to pivot and walk. If you attach them to the shoes the wings will resist moving with your leg. Its much better this way.

shoe_wings.jpg

57EE4DC5-6840-4EB4-9D91-44EEE09C401B.jpeg
4739C0F5-EE56-4243-9DE4-A25349DC4DBF.jpeg

Hello there, after working a lot of hours over a lot of weeks my son had his first outing as Parzival . We are relatively new to cosplay and could have done with finding this forum months ago. Everything was made by myself and my wife, our son is autistic and ready player one is currently his favourite movie

Comic con Birmingham UK

upload_2018-11-25_16-49-49.jpeg

upload_2018-11-25_16-57-6.jpeg

Last edited:
This is definitely one of the better attempts at the costume.
It’s also pretty cool to note that parts of the movie were filmed in Birmingham.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back