Parzival costume thread. Ready Player One

ChaseKiefer

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Didn't see a thread on this and figured I would start one.

This thread is for Parzival's costume, Not Wade Watt's costume. There's a couple good thread with info on Wade's costume already.

I noticed throughout the movie that Parzival was wearing a holster very similar to Han Solo's but with a black thundercats logo on the buckle.

Here's a screengrab I got from the trailer.
holster.PNG

Not the best lit in this grab. In the film there's a couple scenes where it's more noticeable.

Anyone recognize the denim vest that he's wearing? Haven't noticed any pins, buttons, or embroidery on the front. Only a gold sword on the back.
holster2.PNG
parzivalref.PNG
Is this from something (video game, anime, TV) or just a unique vest?

Last edited:
Re: Ready Player One Costumes and Props thread.

Didn't see a thread on this and figured I would start one.

Obviously the movie is chock full of hidden references. Some members here might have enough props and pieces to recreate a costume easily.

I noticed throughout the movie that Parzival's Avatar was wearing a holster very similar to Han Solo's but with a black thundercats logo on the buckle.

Here's a screengrab I got from the trailer.
View attachment 806343

Not the best lit in this grab. In the film there's a couple scenes where it's more noticeable.

Anyone recognize the denim vest that he's wearing? Haven't noticed any pins, buttons, or embroidery on the front. Only a gold sword on the back.
View attachment 806356
View attachment 806347
Is this from something (video game, anime, TV) or just a unique vest?

Thanks for posting these. Working on a Parzival cosplay this is really helpful. Keep us updated!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Searching through trailers and teasers I've noticed a couple new things.

The Thundercats logo goes on both the front and back buckle of the Han Solo holster. These are not great quality but you can see the logo. Also these show the vest in better lighting, looks like the denim is somewhat faded. Also looks like Parzival wears black Converse high tops. His pants have a golden wing design on the lower legs.
parzivalref3.PNGparzivalref4.PNGparzivalref5.PNG

A better close up look at the sword design on the back of the vest. The gold has a sheen, guess a metallic vinyl transfer would work best for this.
parzivalref6.PNG

Another better view of the front top half of the vest.
parzivalref2.PNG

Hoping to see the movie again soon to mainly keep an eye out for more details.

I saw the movie today so it’s still kind of fresh.

the one thing I remember about the pants was some sort of ‘moto knee’ stitching. Could be a shaped patch stitched over the knees.

Searching through trailers and teasers I've noticed a couple new things.

The Thundercats logo goes on both the front and back buckle of the Han Solo holster. These are not great quality but you can see the logo. Also these show the vest in better lighting, looks like the denim is somewhat faded. Also looks like Parzival wears black Converse high tops. His pants have a golden wing design on the lower legs.
View attachment 807165View attachment 807166View attachment 807167

A better close up look at the sword design on the back of the vest. The gold has a sheen, guess a metallic vinyl transfer would work best for this.
View attachment 807169

Another better view of the front top half of the vest.
View attachment 807170

Hoping to see the movie again soon to mainly keep an eye out for more details.

Found this videos someone recently posted about making the vest. You're on the money with a method anyone could do if they can get the transfer, though the images show it as a raised detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLlEWumCmA&ab_channel=Deloreantour.deDeloreanmieten

Anyone know if his pants are anything in particular? They look like denim but some clips show ribbing at the knees and extra sewn panels on the front around the pocket. Part of me thinks they are a costume piece borrowed from some other character Wade likes

EDIT: I agree with Mechanized2400, the pants do look like Motorcycle gear but I feel like they are more unique

EDIT 2: Just googled and found this zoomed in element from one of the posters the pants might not be easily distinguished but they are easier to see (possible to decipher)
ready-player-one-whos-who-in-the-new-movie-poster_1hg9.jpg

Last edited:
Off topic from ParZival's costume, his makeup. I had an idea of the only way to get that texture you see on his face is to have a very VERY thin prosthetic appliance made to adhere to the face, neck and I believe parts of the arms. That would be so much work but anyone that can pull that off, would be an incredible addition to their cosplay. Just a thought ;)

9fnc03xqjkh01.jpg

I am off to make an Art3mis thread. I wanted to create her red dress from the club scene when I 1st saw the trailers, but after seeing the movie this weekend, I really would like to create her motorcycle outfit and helmet.

In regard to the tattoo. I’m in the process of making ya top sleeves out of sheer leggings and I’m just going to do the face work on my own. I’m going to do the base view and blacks and then I’m using a mesh to add a white on to to make that pixilated texture.

Does anyone know what gun he uses. I don’t think it’s the DL-44. Even though it is a modified Han Solo holster. When watching the movie it looks sort of flat. Maybe a pixelated gun?? I don’t know.

Does anyone know what gun he uses. I don’t think it’s the DL-44. Even though it is a modified Han Solo holster. When watching the movie it looks sort of flat. Maybe a pixelated gun?? I don’t know.

It’s robocop’s auto 9 at least that is what he is marketed with in all the toy versions and also at the end of the movie.

It’s robocop’s auto 9 at least that is what he is marketed with in all the toy versions and also at the end of the movie.

If that is the case then I know of a tutorial for one of those. Thank you Bill Doran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71uKAJk2K1s&ab_channel=PunishedPropsAcademy

If anyone manages to find or make a flat plan of the tattoos we'd all be most appreciative if you post it. The sheer leggins (stockings/nylons) method is a very safe technique for anyone with a job that dislikes visible tattoos. If not then there is a hand full of tutorials out there for rub on tattoos that last for a while. Best one I've heard of was by a local cosplayer to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PDaVGXdKLY&ab_channel=LauraGilbert

I'd take both tutorials with a grain of salt and borrow the information you need from them. Bill's tutorial can work with normal EVA foam and craft foam if you take care

If that is the case then I know of a tutorial for one of those. Thank you Bill Doran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71uKAJk2K1s&ab_channel=PunishedPropsAcademy

If anyone manages to find or make a flat plan of the tattoos we'd all be most appreciative if you post it. The sheer leggins (stockings/nylons) method is a very safe technique for anyone with a job that dislikes visible tattoos. If not then there is a hand full of tutorials out there for rub on tattoos that last for a while. Best one I've heard of was by a local cosplayer to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PDaVGXdKLY&ab_channel=LauraGilbert

I'd take both tutorials with a grain of salt and borrow the information you need from them. Bill's tutorial can work with normal EVA foam and craft foam if you take care

I’m 3D printing my auto 9. It should be done today actually.

He also carries the Classic BSG Colonial blaster in the final battle.

Saw it again last night. Can confirm the BSG Colonial blaster is what Parzival uses to shoot Art3mis in the final battle.

Never saw a DL-44 or anything holstered in the Han Solo rig throughout the entire movie.
Also never saw a Auto 9 from Robocop in the movie though there are a few scenes where Parzival is moving too much for me to recognize what pistol he's using.

Now for the pants:
When Parz is showing Art3 the moment of Halliday talking about his date, there's a moment where Art3 falls to her knees and you get a somewhat close look at Parz's pants. They appear to be denim or a denim-like blue fabric.

Throughout the movie I noticed there's some kind of black ribbing on the knees, possibly knee pads. Also there's some large buckle's or square details near the top of the outer left seam. Not sure what they are. Also noticed Large vinyl transfers of golden wings coming from the bottom of the pant legs giving the appearance that he has wings on his shoes. They look like the same material as the sword on the back of the vest.
The close up poster image confirms a lot of this. Though it doesn't show the wings very well.

I’m 3D printing my auto 9. It should be done today actually.

Halliday praise the man that created the 3D printer, the best thing a cosplayer can ever get themselves

Bill's tutorial is more for those who can only get an Airsoft or Nerf version of the original gun. I'll probably do the same once I find the model. The holster will be harder for to make, worbla isn't something I have used and I know it will give me the best result when using vinyl or pleather. I'm trying to do my version on the cheap, using what I can get from friends/family or from thrift stores, only going to a larger fabric retailer as a last resort

Saw it again last night. Can confirm the BSG Colonial blaster is what Parzival uses to shoot Art3mis in the final battle.

Never saw a DL-44 or anything holstered in the Han Solo rig throughout the entire movie.
Also never saw a Auto 9 from Robocop in the movie though there are a few scenes where Parzival is moving too much for me to recognize what pistol he's using.

Now for the pants:
When Parz is showing Art3 the moment of Halliday talking about his date, there's a moment where Art3 falls to her knees and you get a somewhat close look at Parz's pants. They appear to be denim or a denim-like blue fabric.

Throughout the movie I noticed there's some kind of black ribbing on the knees, possibly knee pads. Also there's some large buckle's or square details near the top of the outer left seam. Not sure what they are. Also noticed Large vinyl transfers of golden wings coming from the bottom of the pant legs giving the appearance that he has wings on his shoes. They look like the same material as the sword on the back of the vest.
The close up poster image confirms a lot of this. Though it doesn't show the wings very well.

I didn't expect the wings to be clearer in that close-up, I was more concerned by the pants themselves. There are details that that image shows that others haven't as of yet. I think a better way to do the wings if they are a layered detail is to make them as sew on patches, would make adhesion to the costume much easier. I'll be testing both for longevity

Now for the pants:

Like I said the auto 9 was marketed with the 4 figure toy set from what I could tell. I thought I saw it in the movie. Like you said sometimes it was hard to tell. Definitely the bag classic blaster.

Like I said the auto 9 was marketed with the 4 figure toy set from what I could tell. I thought I saw it in the movie. Like you said sometimes it was hard to tell. Definitely the bsg classic blaster.

0a7c764660b02b20b6a10882162816b3.jpg

Really bad picture but you can definitely tell that’s it.

Last edited:
Currently searching through motorcycle jeans. Lots of options that evoke the look of his pants but none that are close enough or spot on.
Nothing with the adjustment straps on the upper outer thigh. I'm quickly becoming convinced that these were custom modeled for the movie and not a found item.

One thing that's off on most of the motorcycle jeans is the black ribbed portion sits above the knees instead of right on them how Parzivals do.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Force-Riders-Motorcycle-DupontTM-Kevlar®/dp/B01JD97SWQ/ref=cts_ap_1_vtp
parzival pants.PNG

https://fash-stop.com/products/coj-men-slim-fit-biker-ribbed-jeans-blue
parzival pants2.PNG

These are about the closest ones I could find but still far from being the right ones.
I might get these to modify. Paint the knees black, sew on the panels and straps, and add the vinyl wings.
Anyone finding anything closer/better?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back