MPC Falcon builders of the galaxy unite!

Almost for got, your gun well looks killer! I may try that next time myself, the amount of FO to do those right can be extremely cumbersome

Cheers. ☺

I have done both back light and FO's. The later is mostly when back lighting won't work, and yes using fibre optics are 'intersting'. However, with back lighting light blocking can be almost as awkward.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hah! I also just noticed you bought the FUD smooth gear boxes, excellent choice. they are SO much better than the white a flexible with that funky texture and well worth the extra 10 bucks. I was the one who asked Tony for those in FUD and they/he did NOT disappoint! :thumbsup

Yep the bays look great. There is a bit of printing artifacts on the inner outside walls which weren't that noticable but once primed they came up a treat. If Tony did the same with the back docking/leg bay and lower engine block I wouldn't have hesitated to grind, carve and replace that whole area.

I know I've said it before but the paintwork for any Star Wars build is the clincher, regardless of how fine the detail is if the paintwork is poor the whole model is let down-
But wow! You've absolutely nailed the paint @alad61, you should be proud of that build.

Tony's parts look amazing too, they don't look grainy like I thought they might

Thanks Haystack. ☺

You are %150 right. Weathering and a descent paint job are not a given they are a prerequisite. That said, for me anyway, it took many models and countless hours to get to my humble standards. But I am also my worst critic. [emoji57][emoji848]
As for the 3D parts, some do have printing artifacts anx striations, which I'm told is a common occurrence, but Tony's parts are on the whole quite clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week I worked on the area arond the docking ports. They're not 100% screen accurate but still pretty good.
bbbc813f08e783f7b9db0af1974e20c3.jpg
3e0186a4d87ff089550f57f6258ede8b.jpg
78b5af7b167828bd2bf69ba0eafe2c36.jpg
4afc09b0d2694ffe285de6dc52ebc35c.jpg

Hi folks, haven't popped in in months now. Nice to see that people are still carrying on with their MPC conversions - in fact, I just returned to building mine.

I was wondering: is there a comprehensive list / guide available somewhere to ALL the battle damage present on the five footer model? I mean: dents, scratches, blast marks etc. I know quite some of them, I just want to make sure that I don't miss any important one.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering: is there a comprehensive list / guide available somewhere to ALL the battle damage present on the five footer model? I mean: dents, scratches, blast marks etc. I know quite some of them, I just want to make sure that I don't miss any important one.

I would love more reference material too, david I started a thread for ANH reference photos about 6 months ago, a lot of generous members shared their albums and I will pass them along.

Back again,

The graphics I created for the Falcon cockpit and turret bay are available for download for forum members personal use. They are being hosted by a friend from SSM forum. The ones available are resized for the AMT/ERTL and the FM Falcon. The turret graphics are not resized and should be printed at personal preferences.

Here is a larger scale (5 foot sized) cockpit graphics to see what you are downloading.

DSC00054-1.jpg

It comes with a console as well

IMAG0007.jpg

It was designed like a paper model, built directly into the original star wars full sized set plans. Sooooo it does not fit exactly into the FM falcon. Some work is needed!!! Dont email me please.

If you download to build a cockpit for the AMT/ERTL which dont have a cockpit, printing a blank or black and white copy first, and building the parts like a paper model (There are tabs as well) then you can create a full cockpit and console in styrene and then a second print (I have been dooing them on photo paper semi gloss) glues, pasted to the styrene. A light source behind the styrene and print will give you a simular affect seen in my previouse posts.

Before you download here is a glimps at the pages and parts.

Gun turret
turretwalls2.jpg

Back wall

BackPanelresized-1.jpg

Side walls

SideWallsPanel2-resized-1.jpg

SideWallsPanel-resized-1.jpg

Console

Console-rsized-1.jpg

3 level floor

FloorPanel-resize-1.jpg

Although it is not needed, the original set had a three level floor. first floor at door level, second level for the reat chairs, and the third level for the cockpit chairs and console.

At the size of the FM and AMT cockpits it is very difficult to put these details together, however it does look great when you get it right.

Hope they are helpfull (And please keep them for private use, they have found thier way onto sites for sale when Ihave offered them for free before) and I look forward to seeing some cockpit posts.

Download page

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/Downloads/

Check out the rest of the site, its a cool approach to presenting the model building community.

Regards

Ozzy

I found these graphics in another thread. I know that AGES have passed since this was posted, but does anyone have these files at hand by any chance?
The links are dead since who knows when, even the page is not up anymore.

I'll check later and see if I have the AMT ones/ Turret ones on my PC but here's what I have right now.

Attachments

• FMMF-Cockpit-PRINTSHEET.jpg
    FMMF-Cockpit-PRINTSHEET.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 126
  • MFConsole.jpg
    MFConsole.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 120
I got this back in 2010, when I was just really getting into doing models. I didn't really change anything, although I did try and add a bit to the cockpit. Back then, I mostly used cardboard or posterboard for making things. I've learned SO much since then. One of these days I'll have to get a better Falcon and make another one with a much better paint job...and try and not glue stuff wrong or backwards.... For now, this one still hangs in my room.

View attachment 805829View attachment 805830View attachment 805828
One the pictures from the first page was a featured one....and I see I had posted my own model that I'm now reworking. How funny. And I had thought the date was 2010, but found out was really 2009.
This post was almost 5 years ago now....time is a movin'.

Great work on all of these builds with upgraded parts to the MPC modelkit ... I'm just curious to see how the upcoming Round2 Disney MPC kit will compare with new upgrade parts included ... and how much aftermarket parts will still be needed to finish it properly :unsure:

Chaïm

I'm jumping ahead without reading all posts so forgive. I bought an upgrade set from Archive and Future in the UK. They have a complete engine panel to replace the MPC back. It is brilliant. They closed their website I believe, but they are on Facebook. I will get another engine panel for sure. Check them out if someone hasn't already dropped their name. Still reading through all the posts and drooling over your pics. Cheers, Jim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back