MPC Falcon builders of the galaxy unite!

Ha! I was following HH's thread as well, with much anticipation. As soon as they were ready I pulled the trigger, I think my box said batch 1 set 25. Awesome set for this, just awesome!!! :thumbsup
I can support gt350pony66 on this one. Haystack Hair's resin upgrade kit for the MPC Falcon really does make a difference. I can only recommend getting your hands on it.
https://www.hhminiatures.co.uk/
I followed the development thread as well with pure joy: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=261957
View attachment 805846View attachment 805847View attachment 805848View attachment 805849

That looks nice and clean, and functional. Shame you had to sacrifice a turret well. when I did the one I have in my office, I fixed the rear lower opening plate piece, then took a couple of those 1in by 1in by 3in corner brackets you find at the local hardware. bonded them inside the cargo area and also bonded a flat plate across that entire area and ran a piece of all thread up through an aluminum rod along with my wires. I like that stand of yours, think I'll look on Craigslist for a cheap one. I wish I had saved the pics of what I did on the inside, but I can't find any. But, I was able to retain the lower turret. just a thought. Oops, this thing won't let me load the one pic I do have. This annoys the @#$@ out of me. unless you load the pic first, then type the text, it won't allow pic selection from computer. So now I have to log off, then back on...&$#@!!!
I am happy for the thread kicking in this well - comforting to see that I am not to only one still obsessed with the kit.
I am in still the progress of building my MPC, so I also gain from your experiences.

My goal is a classic TNH Flacon, five-footer-style. Strictly three landing gears, ship in a flying position.

One accomplishment I recently made to achieve this is building an adapter for the stand - I needed to sacrifice the bottom turret well however.
I bought a camera screw adapter (1/4" Female To 3/8" ) and a cheap tripod stand (both from aliexpress)
I placed the adapter into a 3mm styrene circle, fixed it with Loctite and hot glue, then glued everything together. I used multiple thick styrene sheets and loads of hot glue in order to build up enough strength to carry the weight of the kit. It looks and feels pretty solid for now, I am hoping for the best.
View attachment 805854View attachment 805855View attachment 805856View attachment 805857

The tripod came with a ball joint neck, so it is fully poseable. I am pretty satisfied with the result.

View attachment 805858View attachment 805860View attachment 805859View attachment 805861
I am progressing rather slowly with the overall build, one step at the time. I am a perfectionist, often indeterminate about practical decisions, I like to plan a lot and always stay on the safe side rather than rushing into incautious decisions, probably causing irreversible damage to the kit - I guess I will be busy with this build forever :lol

in flight MPC.jpegI know, the rubber grommet looks like crap, that's what I had at the time. been on the lookout for something cleaner. anyway, this is how I mounted mine.

Another thing I did was fixing the landing door hinges with Milliput and making the battery cover join disappear with Tamiya putty (I had no previous experience with putty whatsoever).
2017-06-22-15h40m37-1.JPG2017-06-22-15h40m53.jpg
I also scratched a new front landing door from 0,5mm styrene sheet.
Could have used thinner sheets for the upper layers but what the hell. (last picture is 5 Footer references I used)
2018-03-22-22h52m40.jpg2018-03-22-22h56m45.jpgelso labak_002.jpg
Kitbashed a bit on the bottom of the cargo area this week and couldn't resist to prime that area to see how it looks.
I am happy with the result, however I still need to work on puttying the battery cover.
2018-03-26-14h20m18.jpg2018-03-26-17h27m42.jpg
Before and after:
before_after_01.jpgbefore_after_02.jpg
Now I need to finish the bottom part of the ship.
Wish me good luck with turning THIS into something even remotely similar to THAT! :lol
2017-05-30-17h41m08.jpg

shoot man, that looks great so far! I've never paid that much attention to that area except for the few bits just rear of the doors. That's something I'll have to do some work on come the next MPC build. One thing I've been confused about for a while...why does the MPC have the front center landing gear doors front and rear, when on the ship they are side by side? The last one I molded an extra pair of doors from the add-on ESB front gear and put those on for the side by side look (to me that's correct and more appealing) Right now I can't recall...was the ANH 3 gear ship front and rear with the center doors?
Another thing I did was fixing the landing door hinges with Milliput and making the battery cover join disappear with Tamiya putty (I had no previous experience with putty whatsoever).
View attachment 806018View attachment 806020
I also scratched a new front landing door from 0,5mm styrene sheet.
Could have used thinner sheets for the upper layers but what the hell. (last picture is 5 Footer references I used)
View attachment 806021View attachment 806022View attachment 806023
Kitbashed a bit on the bottom of the cargo area this week and couldn't resist to prime that area to see how it looks.
I am happy with the result, however I still need to work on puttying the battery cover.
View attachment 806039View attachment 806040
Before and after:
View attachment 806041View attachment 806042
Now I need to finish the bottom part of the ship.
Wish me good luck with turning THIS into something even remotely similar to THAT! :lol
View attachment 806045

Trying to decide if it is worth risking some of my Bandai stuff to try making molds of it for the MPC. They are so close in size. The problem I I have already assembled a lot of the greeblie details on my Bandai

Well Blakeh, I've been making molds for MPC upgrade parts for a while now, I've never damaged anything...yet. Have you done molds before? How small is the stuff you're thinking of duplicating? You need to be sure to use release spray on the stuff you're going to mold before you pour the silicone mix...and once it's out of the mold scrub it good with all-purpose cleaner so when you do go to use it on your PG, the paint will stick. same with the new parts when they come out. As long as there are no places on the part in question, where silicone will get where you can't dig it out. that's happened to me a few times but I was able to repair it. Also, if it's a two piece mold and you're pouring the plastic through a tube, be sure there is a hole at the other end for the air to get out...AND, get some cheap hypos from the drug store and inject the liquid plastic and gimbal the mold around as you inject so it'll be more likely to fully flow everywhere it needs to. I hate when parts come out of the mold and there was a void where the new material didn't get to. if you already know all this stuff, sorry for bloviating about it :lol
Trying to decide if it is worth risking some of my Bandai stuff to try making molds of it for the MPC. They are so close in size. The problem I I have already assembled a lot of the greeblie details on my Bandai

you know my friend...offer still stands on a set of HH and 308 bits I made up, just the upgrade parts...no strings, if it'll help you.:thumbsup

I kinda wish I wasn't in the middle of the Echo Base project, otherwise I'd start another MPC bird so I could actually participate...that and so I'd have a chance to show you guys what I do with all these upgrade pieces. Not that I've got the best procedures by any stretch, just like to share. Keep up the great work fellas, I'm following along anyway...besides, I could easily learn something from you guys :thumbsup

falcon ramp upgrade 1.JPGfalcon ramp upgrade 2.JPG One thing I could share is where I cut the corridor floor for the Shapeways boarding ramp and the the hull interlocks pieces. I think this one was #4...maybe #5

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back