ecl's Kermit the Frog Puppet Replica (later builds, using my newest patterns)

Re: ecl's Kermit the Frog Puppet Replica, version 4 and 5!

Wow your attention to detail is amazing! Awesome build they look perfect, great job!

Beautiful work. I love the progressiom of improvement.

That's great work! I sent you a PM.

I guess me and my wife messed up the head pattern:(

IMG_20180419_192959_469.jpg

This doesn’t happen everyday around here, so I took some pics:

5nhU0PI.jpg

OraeHC5.jpg

Their necks are stuffed to keep the heads up, so it looks thicker around there than it really is; I still need to figure out some kind of stand/structure that will work better for display.

U4nQk4H.jpg

Last edited:
Re: ecl's Kermit the Frog Puppet Replica, version 4,5, and 6

Something about seeing kermit in his separate component parts feels very wrong.... Like watching an autopsy D:

Great work

Fantastic work! You mentioned studying an original recently - did you see Kermit at the Jim Henson exhibition at the Museum of Moving Images? I was there last month and LOVED the exhibit.

Fantastic work! You mentioned studying an original recently - did you see Kermit at the Jim Henson exhibition at the Museum of Moving Images? I was there last month and LOVED the exhibit.

Thanks! The Kermit I saw was at the Mopop Henson exhibit that was in Seattle which ended early this year. Kind of a small exhibit, but it was thoughtfully done, and featured mostly puppets from Sesame Street. The great thing about Mopop is that they allow photographs, so I got some great references. But it was so amazing to see them up close in person, especially Kermit, who looked so small!!! Actually, a lot of the puppets looked smaller in person than I'd assumed from looking at photos of them. It really revealed a lot, and helped me push my builds further along.

I hear the exhibition in NY is incredible...that's one that I need to visit. It's been years since I've been to NY; now is the time to go back! :D

The puppetry museum in Atlanta should be on your list as well, The biggest Henson collection anywhere iirc

The puppetry museum in Atlanta should be on your list as well, The biggest Henson collection anywhere iirc

Wow awesome! Will have add that to my list of places to visit. I’m really glad that these amazing puppets are even viewable to the public. Great stuff.

By the way, I’ve decided to build a Kermit “photo puppet” utilizing my patterns. He’ll have an internal metal armature so he can be posed (like the MR Kermit). Should be a fun one :D

Thanks!

Well, I ended up using the rest of my green antron fleece to make this photo puppet version of Kermit. He has a simple wire armature inside—although I’m treating him as more of a sculpture because I don’t want to wear out the wires from repeated bending!

6uWLNIV.jpg

zGs79BY.jpg

CP8GJ7v.jpg

Re: ecl's Kermit the Frog Puppet Replica, version 4,5, and 6, and photo puppet versio

Beautiful. I need to make one. I always suspected that this quite an intricate design to replicate. Thanks so much

Re: ecl's Kermit the Frog Puppet Replica, version 4,5, and 6, and photo puppet versio

Beautiful. I need to make one. I always suspected that this quite an intricate design to replicate. Thanks so much

Thanks! One of the main things I’d discovered making these is that Kermit is deceptively simple. It does take some time to work out all the parts, but once it happens, it’s really a cool thing to see!

Wonderful. Those photos really do look like something you'd find in a making-of book from the 1970s.

Thanks! I sometimes have more fun taking pics of these than building them! I’ve been playing around with a few different photo editing apps also.

Here’s wizard Kermit :D

PFO2L4g.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back