1989 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Jurassic Park Jeep #10

JP10 SD

Just picked up a Sahara with the five speed, plan on doing #10. Its in good condition, needs a windshield and some minor rust bubbling fixed. I have stock wheels already, so I am on my journey to make a decent replica, not perfect, but at least a 10 footer. I am thinking about using plastidip, for both the tan and the red. This is due to the fact that I don't want to be committed to Jurassic Park theme for my whole ownership of the vehicle. It is not my daily, so it can sit in the garage most the time. As long as I get 6 months out of the plastidip I will be happy. I may look into wraps as well. Here are some pictures of what I have.
Jeep 3.jpgJeep Wrangler 1.jpg

Jeep 3.jpg

Jeep Wrangler 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love jeeps, how is she to drive? It's going to be so epic when you get some warm weather, take that top off and cruise around. I wouldn't mind getting one of these for my first car, what was your experience like in acquiring it? :)

Beautiful looking jeep. Plastidip is a great idea to see if you like it.
Have you priced out a complete printed vinyl wrap since you'll need the graphics anyway?

On a practical note, after you kill the rust are you going to get it rhinolined?
Not on my current one, YET, but my last jeep was lined. It was great for noise reduction and protection.

I love jeeps, how is she to drive? It's going to be so epic when you get some warm weather, take that top off and cruise around. I wouldn't mind getting one of these for my first car, what was your experience like in acquiring it? :)
She drives super good. Steering is tight and runs great, just have a couple oil leaks to fix before I get started on the remodel. Already been 50 degrees here one day, so I took the windows out and cruised. It was great.

Beautiful looking jeep. Plastidip is a great idea to see if you like it.
Have you priced out a complete printed vinyl wrap since you'll need the graphics anyway?

On a practical note, after you kill the rust are you going to get it rhinolined?
Not on my current one, YET, but my last jeep was lined. It was great for noise reduction and protection.
Yeah I thought plastidip was a good idea also, it's peelable if I ever get sick of it. I have seen a few people do plastidiped JP Jeep's before and they said regular Jurassic Park decals stick just fine so i already have a set ordered from a member of the Jurassic Park Jeep forum.
I got a quote on a wrap before I decided on plastidip, and they wanted 2k for it. Too much IMO for a temporary makeover.

As far as rust goes, im probably just going to fix and paint the couple light patches it has.

I had an '89 back in 2003. Then a '99 when I moved to AZ and now a 2013 4 door Rubicon. :)
This is my first Jeep, I sell them all the time (I am a salesman at a Dodge Dealer) and have driven quite a few. Never really wanted one until I decided to do a JP. But now after I have owned one, I think I'm always going to have a Jeep, you feel like you can go anywhere!

Small side note, just received my plates from Celebrity Machines today for the jeep! They look great! Highly recommend them! Also just got in all my plastidip! Hopefully will get this kicked off and going once it warms up!
Jeep 10 plate.jpg

Got the new tires and wheels on. Went with Fallen Wildpeak AT for the rubber. Great tires, really really happy with them! Love driving around the Jeep, people take pictures of it, thumbs up it, and have even got a rock on hand sign lol.

People have also posted on FB saying that my towns area is being looked into for filming a new JP movie lol. Rumors in a small town go around like wildfire. Hah!
176f5ee3d67e4d65fd93b34ca68cc85e.jpg
61f914aa0378f0d5ee806b745c54b601.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Having one of these Jeeps would be a nerdy little dream for me one day, and I always follow these threads with a great amount of jealousy. It's such a nice looking car.

But I wonder, how hard is it to put together one in Europe? Has anyone here built one in Europe? Most, if not all the examples I find are always American, where finding everything from the Jeep itself to all the parts seems to be easier.

Anyways, it looks phenomenal so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the transformation.

Having one of these Jeeps would be a nerdy little dream for me one day, and I always follow these threads with a great amount of jealousy. It's such a nice looking car.

But I wonder, how hard is it to put together one in Europe? Has anyone here built one in Europe? Most, if not all the examples I find are always American, where finding everything from the Jeep itself to all the parts seems to be easier.

Anyways, it looks phenomenal so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the transformation.
Yeah it is really fun to have one of these.. I know of some people overseas finding parts for their Jeep and such. So there must be some luck sometimes!

Small update, got the "family style" roll bar installed. Looks so much better IMO.
f830c13c704fd02a305456846c999385.jpg
cf6a4c19fc84e57daa4eb22e0d4ffabf.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I love the fact that the average person still r embers this from a 20 year old movie. I had a Jeep Wrangler that was it no way accurate but a few custom graphics, paint the hubs, lights on top a push bar, and I had people ALL the time stopping to take pics.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back