Nice-N Slave 1 Build

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your warm comments. I've been working on the engines. I see a lot of different colors on the original so matching exactly is pretty difficult. I think I'm up to 5 colors lol.
7bcd8cd0c3c499de3b27cee750293a79.jpg
286ce8aa4a486f7f1a0e7114d6464d89.jpg
9a796c406ce350da5aea6ed0269eec61.jpg
2822b7975de8693a80219c15c330aaa6.jpg
fbacb4fa2a4be75e0b332e155464976e.jpg

Light test with Boba. Went for a more accurate look for him as opposed to trying to match the one in the original model.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
b138c0fe9476f376f228ded1a15ae8d4.jpg

I love the cockpit! Great job!

This whole build is steadily getting done. It seems you didn't have any pitfalls with parts or construction. Those wing wells seem like they'd to be difficult to figure out.

What's the rust colored paint you're using on the engines? It looks like one not used before now.

Do you think you'll use any metallics on the engines? Maybe the interiors of them?

Wow, that sure is spectacular!

Out of curiosity, what scale would the studio scale model be close to?

Is it around 1/48 or closer to 1/35?
I could be totally wrong because I'm not a scale guru, but I would say 1/24 based on the size of Boba figure inside. Same size as the 1/24 SS x-wing pilots.

Light test with Boba. Went for a more accurate look for him as opposed to trying to match the one in the original model.

I love that you did that! I like that look better than going with the original studio model look myself. Everything else can be studio model accurate, but Boba Fett is half the reason we love that ship too! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the cockpit! Great job!

This whole build is steadily getting done. It seems you didn't have any pitfalls with parts or construction. Those wing wells seem like they'd to be difficult to figure out.

What's the rust colored paint you're using on the engines? It looks like one not used before now.

Do you think you'll use any metallics on the engines? Maybe the interiors of them?
I didn't use rust on the engines. I used yellow, then boxcar red, then a couple different grey colors. From the reference I gathered they did the same because you can see hints of each color between layers of liquid mask.

As far as the wing wells the hardest part was determining the location of the disk shaped part and the support strut because as the wings rotate that strut has to fit into a small groove within the wings. As far as all the other busy looking parts in the well, they just fit around the disc. Just a bunch of sanding to get them to fit.

Great job!!!!!! I am so jealous that you have one. I really need one in my life but funds :’( Some day maybe. You did an outstanding job on this!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back