Star Wars Cantina Still

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My company is going to have a May the Fourth happy hour. I volunteered to help turn our company bar into a more appropriate Star Wars Cantina. So, on a budget, I'm going to build the crazy canister and tubing structure you see behind the bartended in A New Hope.

I know all about those canisters being the Rolls Royce aircraft engine part, AND that they were also used for IG88's head. Sadly, thats not in my budget.

What is ... a trip the the Dollar Store. Each finished canister is build from a beach pail, a giant cheese ball container, and the metal shade from a small clamp on light. After lots of drilling. ... So. Much. Drilling. I glued and screwed everything together. I also added some additional greeblies on the surface I'm trying my best to honor the look of the original design seen in the film.

After a coat of primer, they are starting to look like something.

IMG_9254.jpgIMG_9256.jpgIMG_9258.jpgIMG_9251.jpg

You just fried my brain with this. Those look amazing! Please follow up on this, I HAVE to see how it all turns out!

Spent the day getting pipe together for the frame. It's white PVC that's to look copper. I tried for days to sketch out a layout for the pipe system and finally gave up and just started cutting and fitting pipe into an arrangement. I wanted to evoke the maze of copper pipe used in the Cantina, but I also needed mine to support the entire drink system.

After a lot of trial and error, the entire pipe system was glued together and painted to look like copper pipe. Then everything was given some final weathering.

IMG_9355.jpg
IMG_9377.jpg
IMG_9379.jpg
IMG_9380.jpg
IMG_9382.jpg
IMG_9383.jpg

Done!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back