Justice League Mortal (2008)

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finally we get some actual set photos! I really need to see a good resolution photo of Armie Hammer as Batman!

"Beginning development in the wake of Bryan Singer’s 2006 film Superman Returns, Justice League: Mortal was shelved by Warner Bros. on the eve of production in January 2008, amid a writers strike, concerns about Australian tax incentives and the possibility of an actors strike. All of the primary roles were cast, costumes designed, and Weta had reportedly constructed at least some of the sets."

DY2G07PVMAENs3b.jpg

DY2G07PVMAENs3b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never heard of this before. (thanks for the share)

I like what I (sorta) see so far though!.. Too bad it didnt happen.

So that was going to be the title?

Wasn't there supposed to be a documentary coming out about the film?

Maybe some day we'll get a solid Justice League film. Based on that fuzzy shot, I'm not sure this would have been it either.

I'm digging uberripped Jon and trying not to laugh at the obviously fake hook hand for Aquaman.

I remember when the casting calls were out, but I never heard much about the movie other than the cancellation news.

Chris

So that was going to be the title?

Wasn't there supposed to be a documentary coming out about the film?

Maybe some day we'll get a solid Justice League film. Based on that fuzzy shot, I'm not sure this would have been it either.

there may may be a documentary coming out but I haven’t heard of one. You might be thinking of Superman Lives with Nick Cage documentaries

I guess Common was supposed be to be Green Lantern but he had a stand in for the shoot

I was quite looking forward to this movie when it was originally announced. Whatever would have been the outcome, looks like this movie was going to be quite colorful. WB would have beaten Marvel at releasing a team-up movie even though all characters didn't get their solo movies.

JLdoco on Twitter posted some photos back in 2015 that also had a clear shot of the Wonder Woman costume.

Some of the cast members:

CGFnuo2UgAAQTYU.jpg:large

Concept art of Princess Diana flying through Themyscira.

CGLwOmVUoAA8EyK.jpg:large

Another WW concept art.

CGREoY_UIAItwRL.jpg:large

Megan Gale as Wonder Woman. She was Valkyrie in Mad Max: Fury Road. These were released in 2015 by photographer Mark Rogers.

CUNnPbLVAAAw1zj.jpg:large

CUNnPbWUYAAGkxA.jpg:large

Superman by D. J. Cotrona (He was in TV series Skin, Windfall, and later in G.I. Joe: Retaliation). This photo was released couple of days ago like the above original team shot.

DZAtdUtW0AAY7vL.jpg:large

Armie Hammer recently said the Batman suit from the group shot wasn't right, so it was likely not the final design.

DY_CnlbX0AAiJ3v.jpg:large

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back