Dark Apparatus project: Real Parts Sleuths, please take a look

That is a great catch on the motor stators, once you look at it that way it's hard to imagine them being anything else :thumbsup

...Updated dimensions thanks to egosheep's eagle eye on blueprint measurements. I till need to work out the lock assembly from references (and key of course), but got the case and a bit of hardware in, matched to the prop's specs. Not great renders but you get the idea...

...I still need to work out the lock assembly from references (and key of course)...

I bought a couple of keys that were the right style, but found that this one seemed to be the right size. It needs to be plated silver/nickel (or stripped to the base metal if you want to go to the trouble). There are a couple matching half-mortise locks as well that the key fits in, though I don't know for sure if they match the one in the prop.

zoom.jpg

That is a great catch on the motor stators, once you look at it that way it's hard to imagine them being anything else :thumbsup

...Updated dimensions thanks to egosheep's eagle eye on blueprint measurements. I till need to work out the lock assembly from references (and key of course), but got the case and a bit of hardware in, matched to the prop's specs. Not great renders but you get the idea...

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/58a6/u8367gro6lye0b44g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/7a27/fb9ahs0f8230ddp4g.jpg
Can't believe the progress you have made in just a few weeks, it's awesome to behold! The handle model looks great! I checked a bunch of hardware places and did endless searches, it's real but it's so hard to find.

I bought a couple of keys that were the right style, but found that this one seemed to be the right size. It needs to be plated silver/nickel (or stripped to the base metal if you want to go to the trouble). There are a couple matching half-mortise locks as well that the key fits in, though I don't know for sure if they match the one in the prop.

View attachment 809008
Here's a 4K of the key. Looks like a good match.
8kAvt9a.jpg

There are some half mortise locks on the same site that use that key, one might be close enough. I can put up some detail shots of the lock.
https://www.paxtonhardware.com/product/jewelry-box-locks

Ego, if you can get the graphic files for the top decorative plate, I’d love to take a crack at throwing it to my laser. I’d be happy to help you guys out, but creating the graphic files definitely isn’t my specialty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Still chipping away, looks like a bit will have to be winged for the deep internals until we get better references.

Gearing corrected and other hardware added
g9v01cgff0m7g4m4g.png

laellee, you are killing it with this. :cool I only wish there was some way I could help! What about wood box construction, could we get on track to start those in a few months?

Edit: I also have the correct Samsonite in hand, I could send you those internal dimensions if you want to model the interior blocking structure of the suitcase.

laellee, you are killing it with this. :cool I only wish there was some way I could help! What about wood box construction, could we get on track to start those in a few months?

Edit: I also have the correct Samsonite in hand, I could send you those internal dimensions if you want to model the interior blocking structure of the suitcase.

Yep, that would work :) I'll take a look tomorrow, but I think my box dimensions have been adjusted to your blueprints. I'll double-check the hinge dimensions as well, but it shouldn't be tough for me to work up construction schematics with the correct mortise dimensions.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back