Why show them out of order?!?!?!?

justanuthercap

Sr Member
Sorry to rant, but this has been bugging the heck out of me. Why does it seem that every station that shows multiple films from the same franchise, show them in reverse order back to back? I just don't understand the logic behind it.

Wether it be Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Robocop, Back to the Future or multiple others that I've been noticing for a while.

I don't know about anyone else, but when they do this I WILL NOT DVR them nor watch any of them at all. In fact, all it will make me do is break out the Blu Rays or digital versions instead.

Is it an effort to get you to DVR them? Or some other reason that I'm just not seeing? Because I can't see a way that this helps with ratings or revenue. If they showed them in the right order, I would be much more likely to watch more than one!

I guess file this under Stuff that Grinds my Gears! Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

It can have to do with what they'd be competing with on other networks, when they start showing them, and which films people tend to like most.

They're going to put them in an order, and at a time, that they think will maximize the number of folks watching, for the longest time.

Because some pencil pusher has looked at the viewership ratings each film has gotten in the past, and placed them on the schedule in positions that would best benefit from those numbers.

It annoys me greatly, too. Especially if the films can't stand alone. Just the other night, Insurgent was played before Divergent. Now, granted, the movies suck anyway, but...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back