Jedha City Diorama

BroDecals

So I started this new project and thought it would be great to share with you and maybe get some feedback, advice or cool ideas.
I ordered the Rouge One Jedha Base from Tirydium Models as well as the Lighting Kit for the Star Destroyer. Here are some links to great projects which inspired me:

Jedha City (반다이 스타디스트로이어)

Bandai Star Destroyer and JPG Productions Jedha City

The base is just gorgeous the way it is, but I wanted it to become more accurate to what you can see in movie. So I modified some of the buildings, like the Temple of the Whills. Due to the small size it is extrem difficult to work details out. On my first atempt I used Green Stuff, finally I ended up with milliput superfine and got a good result.

jedha_daecher.jpg
My sketch
IMG_5437.JPGIMG_5440.JPG

IMG_5450.JPG
Primed and first beige coat.

Next time I will show you some more paintjob on the base.

Cheers

Attachments

• QZMI8055.JPG
    QZMI8055.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 603
  • EA718FEA-D3D5-4E92-BE2F-76EBBB6FBDC7.jpeg
    EA718FEA-D3D5-4E92-BE2F-76EBBB6FBDC7.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
I am pretty sure Warren (Tirydium Models) will get some bases back in stock, otherwise contact JPG Productions via Facebook.

Last edited:
Small update:
I got my 0.3 drill bits earlier than expected - so time to drill some holes!
The lighting kit for the Star Destroyer comes with six 0.75mm fibre optics, which I want to replace with a lot more of 0.25mm fibre optics. I first tried it with 0.25mm drills, but the holes were to tiny so the fibre optics didn´t go through.
IMG_5636.JPG
IMG_5637.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG

Last edited:
Over easter weekend I got some stuff done, but like always only half as much as planed.
First off the Jedha base. About twenty years ago I received natural earth pigments as a gift from my aunt, who came back from a holidaytrip in france. These pigments fit very well to Jedha and are easy to use, what a chance! I gave some of the buildings a really light touch of them, unfortunately the red-brown is to intense, so the two towers and the huge temple in the center seem to not fit into the scenery. Porbably I try to lighten them up a bit, or I have to rework the hole colour sheme, I´m not sure about that right now.

IMG_5679.JPG IMG_5680.JPG

Finally I drilled a lot of holes into the Star Destroyer, due to a shakey hand and a lot of broken drills not as much as intendet. But 40 - 50 holes (I did not count) are hopefully enough. Thereafter I made way for the fibres, primed coloured and washed the Star Destroyer. So for next time I´m prepared to install my lighting kit and all optical fibres.

IMG_5665.JPG IMG_5662.JPG IMG_5664.JPG
IMG_5663.JPG IMG_5667.JPG IMG_5678.JPG

The batterycase of the lighting kit will be placed under the Jedha base, that causes that it will be difficult to turn lights on and off. Therefore I bought a circuit breaker which I will install at one side of the diorama, so it is easy accessible.

IMG_5685.JPG IMG_5647.JPG

Cheers

Last edited:
Darth Saber´s great "quick little build" made me to progress on my own build.

I repainted the SD, due to its former too greyish / dark look. And I got post from china - my greenstrawberry detail kit! The greenstrawberry shop got expensive lately so I looked
for a better price and found a reseller on eBay.

IMG_5776.JPG IMG_5861.JPG IMG_5837.JPG IMG_5836.JPG

The engine baffles are definitive worth every single cent!

Started work on my base board and reworked paint sheme of Jedha city - I want it to have a sfumato like / washed out look a far distance observer would have.

IMG_5831.JPG IMG_5832.JPG IMG_5833.JPG IMG_5860.JPG

So maybe I´m crazy, but I wanted Jedha to be special!
Real 22 carat leaf gold applied with an adhesive actual dedicated for leaf gilding stones. Really easy to use and I achieved pretty good results on my first atempt working with leave gold.

IMG_5865.JPG IMG_5864.JPG IMG_5862.JPG IMG_5863.JPG
IMG_5866.JPG IMG_5867.JPG

Small update:
I got my 0.3 drill bits earlier than expected - so time to drill some holes!
The lighting kit for the Star Destroyer comes with six 0.75mm fibre optics, which I want to replace with a lot more of 0.25mm fibre optics. I first tried it with 0.25mm drills, but the holes were to tiny so the fibre optics didn´t go through.
View attachment 804559
View attachment 804556
View attachment 804557

This is awesome, where did you get the lighting kit for the little Star Destroyer though? Just wondering, thanks!

Appreciate it! I'll hit them up, hope shipping isn't to much to the US.

The lightingkit is great, good quality and the lighted engines look so gorgeous!

Finally I found time to install the lighting kit and all fiber optics:

IMG_5884.JPGIMG_5886.JPGIMG_5887.JPGIMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5890.JPGIMG_5892.JPGIMG_5895.JPGIMG_5896.JPG
IMG_5897.JPGIMG_5898.JPG

4 LED´s, 74 fiber optics! I had some conerns if all that stuff will fit in, in the end it worked out well without any greater problems.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back