Studio scale X wing droid strip

Its a Power of the Force FX version. Here is a screen grab from a video showing the wider than normal droid strip. I once saw a post somewhere that showed this toy being modified to accept the standard studio scale strip.
. x.JPG

The Hasbro you have is approximately studio scale, so the SS droid strip should fit with a bit of work.

I have a converted Hasbro x-wing as well as several studio scale x-wings. When I get home, I can take some measurements of both droid strips to give you an idea if it will fit.

thank you jkirkon!

No worries. I’ll be back home tomorrow afternoon. Off the top of my head, the studio scale droid strip looks to be about 1/8” narrower, and about 3/8-1/2” longer than the Hasbro droid trench. I’ll confirm that for you.

The studio models were reportedly 19.8" long, not counting the engines. But that won't help much because the 90s Hasbro one has a proportionately shorter fuselage....meaning the rear could be more correct than the nose would indicate. I've seen projects where people modified the toy to size up to SS, and extending the fuselage was the biggest aspect. I don't remember what they did with the strip.

The droid strip on the studio scale x-wing measures 5.4” x .980”, while the Hasbro measures 4.6” x .920”.
Sorry for the crap iPhone pics, but it looks like the Hasbro has the Hasagawa(?) aircraft carrier door removed from a regular studio scale droid strip.

Attachments

• B123B06E-B5D7-4D59-B842-29ED3C0CA98E.jpeg
    B123B06E-B5D7-4D59-B842-29ED3C0CA98E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • 302D4B22-F4DC-438B-8F06-60793C87CE86.jpeg
    302D4B22-F4DC-438B-8F06-60793C87CE86.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 115
The droid strip on the studio scale x-wing measures 5.4” x .980”, while the Hasbro measures 4.6” x .920”.
Sorry for the crap iPhone pics, but it looks like the Hasbro has the Hasagawa(?) aircraft carrier door removed from a regular studio scale droid strip.

Wow man thank you for taking the time to help me out with this great info! I need to take a look at my fuselage and see if this all looks the same.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back