Subscribe
    From
    Orlando
    Mar 19, 2018, 7:31 AM - Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #1

Hey guys, im tossing around the idea of doing a studio scale x-wing soon and was wondering if the experienced crew around here had any suggestions on which one to get and where to find them?

Pros and cons list would he nice as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Mar 19, 2018, 8:02 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #2

Mike Salzo May still be making the V5. I suggest you contact him and grab one. Get an armature from Mike Reader while you’re at it. Absolutely amazing kit.
    From
    Orlando
    Mar 19, 2018, 8:34 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #3

Jkirkon said: View Post
    Mike Salzo May still be making the V5. I suggest you contact him and grab one. Get an armature from Mike Reader while you’re at it. Absolutely amazing kit.
    Thanks Ill look into it!

4 Weeks Ago  Mar 21, 2018, 11:07 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #4

If the V5 isn't available then check out the ICON kit from http://www.korbanth.com/non-sabers-model-props/

I have two of them (not assembled yet) they are very nice too. Wings are fixed in the open position.
    From
    Orlando
    4 Weeks Ago  Mar 21, 2018, 12:03 PM - Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #5

Carnet said: View Post
    If the V5 isn't available then check out the ICON kit from http://www.korbanth.com/non-sabers-model-props/

I have two of them (not assembled yet) they are very nice too. Wings are fixed in the open position.
    Very nice.

Im on the fence right now.

i came across a Captain Carboard and Galactic Resin X wing for about the same price.

Dont know which one of these is better in terms Red Five accuracy though.

Sent Salzo a message for pricing but no response yet.

From
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    4 Weeks Ago  Mar 21, 2018, 12:34 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #6

Mike sometimes doesn’t check pm’s here. Might try asking him in this thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=280147

In regard to accuracy, I think you’d be hard pressed to find a more accurate x-wing than the V5.
    From
    Orlando
    4 Weeks Ago  Mar 21, 2018, 1:43 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #7

Mike sometimes doesn’t check pm’s here. Might try asking him in this thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=280147

In regard to accuracy, I think you’d be hard pressed to find a more accurate x-wing than the V5.
    Thanks.
    Also need to keep pricing in mind.

If the price is in the upper hundreds I may need to opt for next best in accuracy.

8. RPF Premium Member
    4 Weeks Ago  Mar 21, 2018, 2:59 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #8

I'm still waiting for some warmer weather to come around to see if I will do any more of these.

I am considering stopping all of my kit stuff for a while, still casting for Steve and doing builds of stuff only.
    4 Weeks Ago  Mar 21, 2018, 4:42 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #9

mslz22 said: View Post
    I'm still waiting for some warmer weather to come around to see if I will do any more of these.

I am considering stopping all of my kit stuff for a while, still casting for Steve and doing builds of stuff only.
    I'd like to get in on any of a new run, should you decide to go ahead!
    From
    Orlando
    4 Weeks Ago  Mar 21, 2018, 7:24 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #10

Mr Salzo I presume?

I sent a message via Facebook dont know if you saw it or not.

Anyhow, id be interested if you decide to do a future run and cost.

If not, its all good.

Thanks

From
    Orlando
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 29, 2018, 2:04 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #11

Looks like a Salzo may not happen.
    (How much do they usually run btw?)

Any other options out there for a 1/25 Xwing?

Is Nexus any good?

From
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 29, 2018, 3:33 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #12

The Nexus is lovely, but a bit idealized instead of screen accurate. Has the Adurino controller for lights and opening/closing wing mechanism. Expensive, I believe almost $1,000 shipped.

Salzo kits show show up on eBay from time to time. I recently sold a V4 after I picked up a pair of V5’s.
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 30, 2018, 3:03 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #13

Jeff's right about the Nexus. Its nice but very expensive. And has lots and lots of detail not present in the actual filming models. Not to mention you just dont get a reply from them. I've tried numerous times thru their site and direct email and nothing. That was b4 I got the V5 which I love.
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 30, 2018, 10:14 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #14

I enquired about pricing on the Nexus about a month ago and was quoted $900 plus $130 shipping to the US, and he'll be casting both snowspeeder and X-wing kits sometime 'after March'.
  15. Member Since
    Apr 2018
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 3, 2018, 11:54 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #15

Curious on whats the different between Mike's V4 and V5 hull?
  16. Member Since
    May 2014
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 4, 2018, 3:51 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #16

Do you have a 3d printer? If so, have a look at this link....

https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/st...-printer-files
    From
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 4, 2018, 7:02 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #17

DRRNCharles said: View Post
    Curious on whats the different between Mike's V4 and V5 hull?
    I don’t think there is too much difference between the V4/V5 hulls. Maybe some small improvements made. The wings are the major difference. V5 has proper hollow Hero wings.
  18. RPF Premium Member
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 4, 2018, 7:38 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #18

Just an update, I should be able to do a few more, but not until after Wonderfest. I did get back to a handful of people here who contacted me before the holidays, but any new orders I would have to wait until after Wonderfest.
    From
    Orlando
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 4, 2018, 8:34 AM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #19

Just an update, I should be able to do a few more, but not until after Wonderfest. I did get back to a handful of people here who contacted me before the holidays, but any new orders I would have to wait until after Wonderfest.
    Can you put me on the list?

From
    Orlando
    1 Week Ago  Apr 13, 2018, 12:04 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #20

Cant seem to get a hold of Mr Salzo to put me on the list.

Any opinions on the Sith Planet studio X wing?

From
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    1 Week Ago  Apr 13, 2018, 12:10 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #21

Mike is probably working to get ready for Wonderfest. He probably won’t be worried about a list until after then. Be patient.
    From
    Orlando
    1 Week Ago  Apr 13, 2018, 1:20 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #22

Mike is probably working to get ready for Wonderfest. He probably won’t be worried about a list until after then. Be patient.
    Ok, will do.

I just dont want to come back later and find out that a run announcement was made and i missed out.
    Lol

23. RPF Premium Member
    1 Week Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 1:14 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #23

Yes, super busy getting ready for Wfest and trying to catch up after what seems to be a never ending winter at this point.

I am very, very unsure about the future of this.

Right now I think I will be taking the summer off to be with the kids most of the time. My mom needs a double knee replacement and can't really watch the younger one this summer.

Plus I am burnt to a crisp, I am considering doing build only for my stuff from now on. I will still do occasional casting for Steve and I will be finishing up the big BRunner greeblie sets for Jason, but after that I may tap out.

Maybe an extended break will change things, but it's hard for me to think clearly at this point.
    From
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    1 Week Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 3:06 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #24

Glad I got a pair of these while you were casting like a madman!!! Well deserved rest, Mike. Enjoy the time off.
    From
    Stockholm, Sweden
    1 Week Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 4:03 PM - Re: Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them. #25

Hi Mike,
    Didn’t know you had this much in the pipe, please ignore my previous PM. I’ll solve it.
    Family first!
    Yes, super busy getting ready for Wfest and trying to catch up after what seems to be a never ending winter at this point.

I am very, very unsure about the future of this.

Right now I think I will be taking the summer off to be with the kids most of the time. My mom needs a double knee replacement and can't really watch the younger one this summer.

Plus I am burnt to a crisp, I am considering doing build only for my stuff from now on. I will still do occasional casting for Steve and I will be finishing up the big BRunner greeblie sets for Jason, but after that I may tap out.

Maybe an extended break will change things, but it's hard for me to think clearly at this point.