Suggestions for 1:24 X-wing and where to find them.

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Hey guys, im tossing around the idea of doing a studio scale x-wing soon and was wondering if the experienced crew around here had any suggestions on which one to get and where to find them?

Pros and cons list would he nice as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the V5 isn't available then check out the ICON kit from http://www.korbanth.com/non-sabers-model-props/

I have two of them (not assembled yet) they are very nice too. Wings are fixed in the open position.

Very nice.

Im on the fence right now.

i came across a Captain Carboard and Galactic Resin X wing for about the same price.

Dont know which one of these is better in terms Red Five accuracy though.

Sent Salzo a message for pricing but no response yet.

I'm still waiting for some warmer weather to come around to see if I will do any more of these.

I am considering stopping all of my kit stuff for a while, still casting for Steve and doing builds of stuff only.

I'm still waiting for some warmer weather to come around to see if I will do any more of these.

I am considering stopping all of my kit stuff for a while, still casting for Steve and doing builds of stuff only.

I'd like to get in on any of a new run, should you decide to go ahead!

Mr Salzo I presume?

I sent a message via Facebook dont know if you saw it or not.

Anyhow, id be interested if you decide to do a future run and cost.

If not, its all good.

Thanks

Looks like a Salzo may not happen.
(How much do they usually run btw?)

Any other options out there for a 1/25 Xwing?

Is Nexus any good?

The Nexus is lovely, but a bit idealized instead of screen accurate. Has the Adurino controller for lights and opening/closing wing mechanism. Expensive, I believe almost $1,000 shipped.

Salzo kits show show up on eBay from time to time. I recently sold a V4 after I picked up a pair of V5’s.

Jeff's right about the Nexus. Its nice but very expensive. And has lots and lots of detail not present in the actual filming models. Not to mention you just dont get a reply from them. I've tried numerous times thru their site and direct email and nothing. That was b4 I got the V5 which I love.

I enquired about pricing on the Nexus about a month ago and was quoted $900 plus $130 shipping to the US, and he'll be casting both snowspeeder and X-wing kits sometime 'after March'.

Curious on whats the different between Mike's V4 and V5 hull?

I don’t think there is too much difference between the V4/V5 hulls. Maybe some small improvements made. The wings are the major difference. V5 has proper hollow Hero wings.

Just an update, I should be able to do a few more, but not until after Wonderfest. I did get back to a handful of people here who contacted me before the holidays, but any new orders I would have to wait until after Wonderfest.

Just an update, I should be able to do a few more, but not until after Wonderfest. I did get back to a handful of people here who contacted me before the holidays, but any new orders I would have to wait until after Wonderfest.

Can you put me on the list?

Cant seem to get a hold of Mr Salzo to put me on the list.

Any opinions on the Sith Planet studio X wing?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back