Ridley Scott's The Terror on AMC

It's from a book by the same name which is a fictionalized account of the Franklin expedition with the HMS Terror and Erebus with a "stalking monster" thrown in

Looks very promising

Wow, no one watched the show? The Terror was one of the best books I've read in a long time . Judging from the first two episodes, the show looks very good as well. Great cast and cinematography. Well worth a watch

I thought it was done very well.

Much better than the Walking Dead :lol

AMC did a bit of trickery for those who DVR the Walking Dead. They bundled the first hour of the series into what was billed in the guide as a 2 hour episode of the Walking Dead so people who DVR the Walking Dead also had the first hour of The Terror recorded without their knowledge. Talk about trying to pump up ratings

Looking forward to the rest though

Skimmed through first episode. I didn't think I was going to like it. I went back and watched the first two episodes and I like it. Just had to give it my full attention to appreciate it.

I noticed on the dvr too. I thought wow this must be a really long episode of walking dead! Lol!

I'd be pissed if I was low on dvr space.

Some of the real people.
The Terror Characters.jpg

Talk about weird timing...
"Louie Kamookak, who tied ancestral stories to an ill-fated 1840s expedition to find the North-West Passage, to be honoured in Canada".
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...hipwrecks-dies-aged-58?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I have been watching it as well and I'm absolutely engrossed by it. I'm way more excited to see how this story plays out then the Walking Dead at the moment. It reminds me a lot of another well written and beautifully realized Victorian era horror/drama show I love called Penny Dreadful. Sadly that show ended in 2016 so this is filling that void quite nicely so far.

Saw the first two episodes and I'm hooked. Always great to see Ciaran Hinds and Tobias Menzies together, loved them as Caesar and Brutus in Rome.

I have it on my DVR but haven't watched yet. I have researched the actual expedition before, so curious to see what appears to be a horror monster take on what could have occurred.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back