Shaun of the Dead (simple costume)

Ruglud

Going to MCM London Comic Con in May and wanted a simple costume - watched Shaun of the Dead and had my epiphany... Shaun (pre-Zombie bashing)...

latest

Simple costume is simple;

White short sleeved formal shirt - I bought one for £6, just need to add the red pen stain on the pocket; black formal trousers and belt - got these; red striped tie - got one on order via ebay, hopefully it will fit the bill, but was super cheap (~£1.50) so nothing really lost if it's rubbish

Props;

Shaun's Foree Electric name badge - Bought some thick red card and created a basic template for the name and logo in PowerPoint. Cut the base shape out of the card and layered the card to get the name part inlaid. Added a clip on the back that I got off an old clear plastic name badge holder I found in my drawer at work - Gorilla glued it on the card (upside down on the first attempt !! ). Next will be to use a gloss varnish and make the badge look more like plastic (hopefully...)
wrRz0Oam.jpg

PSQIx0pm.jpg

Red pen - bought a cheap pack of 10, so plenty of these

EVA foam cricket bat - I can't take a real wooden one to Comic Con according to their cosplay rules, so looking at a kids foam bat. Bit small, but will be easier to carry around and slip in a bag when not needed. Seen some wood effect foam bats online for around £5 delivered

Not sure yet, but might try and get a baseball cap, as in the DJ scene - I don't have as much hair as Mr Pegg in the film, so could be a good way to cover up :)

Will get some Cornetto tops to put in my pocket and pull out when I'm looking for cash....

Last edited:
Asides from a baseball cap that I haven't been able to source (looks like a 'Bench' cap, black with red Gothic font for the brand name), I've pretty much got it all now.

Tie turned up this morning and doesn't look bad for £1.39 delivered....

Foam cricket bat was also ordered and arrived super quick. As expected it's a bit on the small side, but at least it's not cumbersome and will easily fit in my bag when I don't want to carry it in hand.

Had to buy a watch as well, I don't own one of any description, watching the film I noted Shaun's is a brown leather strap, gold coloured casing and white face. I found one at the bargain price of £6.99 - it's not lost any time yet which is a plus.

pN2vC4Fm.jpg

FgFOF9Tm.jpg

Talking of a bag, I bought a white drawstring bag with white string so that I can wear it and not detract from the white shirt... Had a bit of fun though and printed out a neat logo for the bag on transfer paper and hey presto...

ZXXiQDom.jpg

MjrEavEm.jpg

4xXS9C6m.jpg

Next task is the red ink mark on the shirt - open to suggestions, but thinking I'll just crack open a red pen and liberally apply the ink?? Any thoughts / ideas on this?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back