The Forceforum.com collectibles?

If the items they sell are given to them by the makers, then I'm ok with it. It's convenient to get things from various sources through one shop. And if they offer services to paint, assemble, or customize those items, even better. Their paint app for the LS6 V2 doesn't look half bad for the price, and they seem to be getting a lot of helmets to offer.

The blaster was packaged very well. Some assembly is required but very easy to do. Screws are not included and must be supplied by the buyer.

The build itself is clean. Trigger works but unlike the video posted, the safety switch does not work.

When fully assembled, the blaster rifle is light. One must take great care not to scratch the surface of the blaster otherwise the black coating reveals the silver coloured surface beneath.

Advertised as being hollow to allow for electronics. Having assessed the interior, a lot of logistics and work to get it done.

Overall, for the price paid, it's not a bad blaster.

IMG_20180328_1656274.jpgIMG_20180328_1656545.jpgIMG_20180328_1657006.jpgIMG_20180328_1657174.jpgIMG_20180328_1657354.jpgIMG_20180328_1657536.jpgIMG_20180328_1658109.jpgIMG_20180328_1658206.jpgIMG_20180328_1658252.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah for the price it’s not too bad. The RS propmasters blaster is out of stock, and I feel is the most accurate blaster Available, and that was only 180$. Though your right theforceforms blaster is still pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to JediCRI for the order and reviews. The blaster is supposed to come with a bag of square head screws and a bit that fits for easier assembly. No clue why you didn't get those, but I'm happy to send those out to you asap. You should have also gotten a second black blaster cap to swap out for the orange one. Again, happy to send that out to you if you'd like.

My philosophy on business is to be as transparent as possible so I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have.

I am a marketer and I own a number of businesses in that space where we work with some of the largest consumer brands in the world specializing in online sales and digital marketing. Some prop maker buddies knew this and we started to talk about how to sell more of their products using our digital marketing expertise. That is how TheForceForum was started. Michael Tinson of Moon Prop House and I started the company in October as a place where we could bring some of the best prop replicas to on single location so people didn't have to work that hard to find great pieces. Think of us as the Etsy of the Star Wars world.

While I do not make anything, we as a company do make certain pieces. Michael Tinson, again my partner makes a number of pieces we sell including our helmet stands and broke-flex lightsaber hilt. We also publically state we sell things from other makers as well. Some of those people want to be known and some don't. A lot of our prop makers work in other prop making circles and the beauty of working with us is they don't have to deal with customers, who as we all know can be very demanding. They use us because we handle everything from start to finish and they concentrate on what they do best...make props.

As Chris, the DL44 blaster builder above can attest to the makers are paid in full before they start to build the product and we drove a great deal of business he most likely wouldn't have gotten without us, because his expertise isn't marketing, his expertise is making amazing blasters. I would give my left arm for Chris to come back to us, as we've lost tens of thousands of dollars in revenue not having his products, they're that good.

We do NOT deal with recasters and work with prop experts around the world to make sure what we're providing is 100% genuine to the artist. To the gentlemen saying not stating the prop makers is a red flag, we're just following the wishes of the prop makers. We have a number of models they can select from and some simply don't want to be known publicly. That's not our decision, it's theirs. You will notice we do state who the makers are on a number of products. It's just how things go.

The other gentlemen who mentioned theforce.net I'd like to say our decision to name the company theForceForum had nothing to do with that. In ancient Rome a forum was a public square or marketplace, like a bazaar or outdoor mall. We weren't trying to copy anyone...that is the history of our name.

Lastly, there are a ton of independent prop makers out there that don't have the skill, or time to properly market and promote their work. Some people might not like our business model, and trust me those guys have been very vocal, but bringing all of these products together in a singular place allows all of us to find products we might have never found before and helps the small business owner who can't afford the type of exposure we're offering them for a small percentage of sales.

If anyone has any further questions or comments I am super easy to find. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about our business.

Mike Herron
Co-Founder
TheForceForum.com
mherron@theforceforum.com

Since I'm one of the 'gentleman' mentioned above...

I'll respond. :)

While I get some makers might not want to have their names associated with it.. (although I'm not sure of a convincing argument for it)....

That -does- in fact throw up a red flag for many of us here.. who like/need to know the history of a prop. (at the very least).. or where it came from. (it helps when posting or selling a collection/collectable)..

I'm also not sure if this does anything in the way of recasters? I know you say you do NOT deal with recasters... but that begs the question: "how do you know"?
(I'm also not clear on how that follows the companies motto of transparency either?)

With the prices on some items.. not knowing the maker/lineage doesnt justify the price any more.

We also help 'self-police' for each other (on these forums) on scammers, recasters, people who have had a jaded past or bad dealings with.. or a way to check on a past build logs... (any number of things to be honest).. and when information is withheld it makes you wonder 'why'?

You'd think you'd want your name on it.. be proud of the work/prop/item.. (especially if a name is associated with great quality)

Anywho.. I appreciate you chiming in..

and if you truly want the backing of this community, then I'd say your own the right track by having an open discussion like this!

:thumbsup

Since I'm one of the 'gentleman' mentioned above...

I'll respond. :)

While I get some makers might not want to have their names associated with it.. (although I'm not sure of a convincing argument for it)....

That -does- in fact throw up a red flag for many of us here.. who like/need to know the history of a prop. (at the very least).. or where it came from. (it helps when posting or selling a collection/collectable)..

I'm also not sure if this does anything in the way of recasters? I know you say you do NOT deal with recasters... but that begs the question: "how do you know"?
(I'm also not clear on how that follows the companies motto of transparency either?)

With the prices on some items.. not knowing the maker/lineage doesnt justify the price any more.

We also help 'self-police' for each other (on these forums) on scammers, recasters, people who have had a jaded past or bad dealings with.. or a way to check on a past build logs... (any number of things to be honest).. and when information is withheld it makes you wonder 'why'?

You'd think you'd want your name on it.. be proud of the work/prop/item.. (especially if a name is associated with great quality)

Anywho.. I appreciate you chiming in..

and if you truly want the backing of this community, then I'd say your own the right track by having an open discussion like this!

:thumbsup

Hey xl97,

Appreciate the reply. I totally understand where you're coming from, and while there are a number of reasons people might not want to be known, we have to respect their wishes.

I also understand the history of the prop conversation but we identify recasters the same way people here on the RPF identify recasters. We study, and do research and learn as much as we can about the nuances of each piece. We also have a number of "experts" that we run things past. Guys who have been on the RPF here for years, doing exactly the same thing for this community. So what I should say is we don't "willingly" work with recasted products or people known to have worked on recasts in the past. There are a number of products we've turned down, for exactly these reasons.

I sincerely appreciate the dialogue and look forward to having more of it as we continue our venture. Have a great weekend xl97 and let me know if I can ever help with anything in the future.

MH

Mike and the builder of the blaster have been in touch with me and have offered after service support. Even as I write this, I am chatting with him with some concerns I expressed in my review video posted above and has provided me with much needed solutions, advice and suggestions.

Due to my negligence, I did not thoroughly inspect the box but the necessary screws and the optional black barrel tip were indeed included with the shipment of the blaster. I will update via post on the Youtube site, this oversight of mine.

Hey xl97,

Appreciate the reply. I totally understand where you're coming from, and while there are a number of reasons people might not want to be known, we have to respect their wishes.

I also understand the history of the prop conversation but we identify recasters the same way people here on the RPF identify recasters. We study, and do research and learn as much as we can about the nuances of each piece. We also have a number of "experts" that we run things past. Guys who have been on the RPF here for years, doing exactly the same thing for this community. So what I should say is we don't "willingly" work with recasted products or people known to have worked on recasts in the past. There are a number of products we've turned down, for exactly these reasons.

I sincerely appreciate the dialogue and look forward to having more of it as we continue our venture. Have a great weekend xl97 and let me know if I can ever help with anything in the future.

MH

Perfect. I think this helps 'us' understand your process more.. (instead of the original thought process of we just list products for prop makers, who may or may not divulge who they are..etc)

Thanks again for the feedback.

Following. Some of their helmets look really nice.

It looks to be right? https://www.theforceforum.com/collections/helmets/products/classic-white-trooper-helmet

Anyone have history to the origins of this helmet?
I've basically written off eFX and Anovos. Still researching RSProps so another alternative would be good.
Price-wise seems be on par with eFX/ Anovos.

Also is the "droppy right eye socket" one of the asymmetries the ANH lids were known for?
Overall they look good but the 2-3 week lead time is a concern has I've heard this estimate before and it ends up being a 6-12 month wait from other vendors.

Worst case, I'll just get a BS lid and call it a day. It'll only be a shelf queen..and risk is low at $70-ish and I know it's available now.

image.jpeg

Anyone know if your able to use more than one gift card at a time when ordering? The DL-44 looks tempting and theres a promotion where you buy 100.00 gift card get 25.00 card free.

I've just ordered a complete built Korbanth 2.5 graflex from theforceforum.com with a 5-6 week build time (May the 4th be with you!!). Firstly, I know Korbanth sabers are the real deal and build quality is regarded as fantastic, and the site support was really helpful in answering any questions I had pre-purchase. Plus the electronics they're including in my build - it seems they really know what they're talking about in this regard and it seemed to be priced pretty fairly.

I'll post some pics when it lands and let you guys know what the experience is like.

I just wanted to know your opinions on this. It seems they have the Luke compass from Star Wars battlefront 2, and last Jedi for preorder.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back